VORTEX PHYSICS OF STRAINED NANOCOMPOSITE FILMS
10-11 December 2015
Agenda Day 1
10:00 Laboratories tour
11:30 Coffee break
Session I: Vortex physics in PLD nanocomposites
12:00-12:45 Kaname Matsumoto: "Critical current control in REBCO superconductor by using different kinds of artificial pinning centers"
14:00-14:45 Yutaka Yoshida: "Jc enhancement in the nanorod-introduced REBCO films on single-crystalline substrates and metal tapes"
14:45-15:30 Satoshi Awaji: "Flux pining state and its effect on Jc and Bi properties under the nanorod-introduced REBCO films"
15:30 Coffee Break
Session II: Vortex physics in CSD nanocomposites
16:00-16:45 Mariona Coll: “CSD Growth of nanocomposites”
17:00-17:45 Bernat Mundet: “Origin, evolution and interaction of structural defects in nanocomposites grown by CSD”
17:45-18:30 Ferran Vallès: Tuning vortex pinning landscape and anisotropy of CSD Nanocomposites
18:30 Closing session
Restaurante La Marmita -
Taxis will be arranged to go back to Barcelona
*All invited talks are of 30 min plus 15 minutes discussion.
Agenda Day 2
Session III: Vortex physics and electronic structure
9:30-10:15 Enrico Silva (U. Roma Tre): What can we learn from pinning and dissipation of superconducting nanocomposite films with microwaves
10:15-11:00 Guy Deutscher : Lattice strain effects on pair condensation and vortex pinning
11:00-11:30 Coffee break
11:30 General Discussion:
- Are the pinning centers of high temperature effective at low temperature?
- What determines de irreversibility line?
- What similarities can be gathered between CSD and PLD regarding vortex pinning?
- Do we have isotropic strain in PLD nanocomposites at low temperature like in CSD?
- What are the consequences of strain in the electronic density of state?
- How can we measure the consequences of strain on the DOS or quasiparticles behavior?
- Can microwave measurements answer some questions regarding the quasiparticles nature in strained regions?
15:00 Discussion and future collaboration initiatives
17:00 Closing of the workshop