Written by jags on . Posted in General Services
- Disseminate the information generated at ICMAB among its:
- Neighboring entities
- Society in general
- Portfolio of services:
- Internal communication
- Corporative image
- Protocol and public relations
- Institutional publications
- External communication: web and social networks
- Relationship with the press
- Outreach activities.
Communication & Outreach Officer: Anna May Masnou | email@example.com |firstname.lastname@example.org +34 9385 801 853 (ext. 397)
Webmaster: José Antonio Gómez |email@example.com
Social networks: Guillermo de Andrés |firstname.lastname@example.org
Education & Outreach
ICMAB is committed to making its research accessible to a wide audience to increase the general knowledge of science within the society, and to encourage scientific vocations among the young students.
We seek to promote scientific research locally, nationally and internationally through a tailored programme of outreach, using the skills of staff to ensure our research is valued and accessible. Our aim is to provide opportunities for students of all ages to gain knowledge and understanding through science-based activity. Outreach activity and community engagement is undertaken through synergies with other activities and a commitment to ensuring our research is widely understood. Through social media and scientific communication our staff and students provide information which brings many benefits to the local community. Along with schools activity, we provide briefings to government; give public presentations; contribute to debates on contemporary nanotechnology and material science issues and undertake family-orientated outreach activity.
Events for studentsICMAB is actively involved in the promotion of careers in materials science and nanotechnology. We aim to inspire the next generation of material scientists and encourage the uptake of these subjects at school with the different programs:
- Un investigador a la teva aula - A researcher in your classroom
- Joves i Ciència: Programa Argó
- Bojos per la física - Mad for physics de la Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera
Events for teachers
ICMAB participates in progams for secondary education teachers, so that they can show their students the latest research studies regarding materials science and nanotechnoogy.
- Professors i ciència - Teachers and science de la Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera
Events open to everybody
One of ICMAB's mission is to increase the general scientific culture of the society. To increase the critical thinking, which will lead to better decisions making. Some of the activities that we organize or participate open to everyone are:
- Open doors day at ICMAB
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Festival 10alamenos9
- Participation in science fairs:
- Setmana de la ciència - Science week
- Festa de la Ciència a Barcelona - Science Festival in Barcelona
The news on the ICMAB website about Education & Outreach events are found here: http://icmab.es/education
Events at ICMAB
- ICMAB Periodical Lecture: these seminars are held every 2 Mondays at 12 pm at the Institute. Invited speakers (from across the globe) provide information on a topic of interest, and seek collaboration among the ICMAB researchers. Coffee and cookies are offered at 11:45 am.
- Invited Seminars: apart from the "ICMAB Periodical Lectures", ICMAB researchers invite renowned speakers to give a talk, if they are visiting Barcelona, or if the topic is of outstanding interest for the Institute.
Seminars are advertised on this website, and the information circulates around the community via electronic mailing list.
Scientific workshops within the ICMAB
Researchers organize workshop for them and their colleagues to enhance the knowledge and collaboration between them. Some of the past workshops include:
- SELF2016: Self-assembly at ICMAB
- III Workshop on Materials Characterisation by Diffraction Methods
- MATBIO 2017: Scientific School on Materials for Biomedical Applications
- Scientific Meeting of BNC-b PhD Researchers
ICMAB provides opportunity for undergraduates, master and international students (ERASMUS mobility) to gain laboratory and fieldwork skills (essential for securing work). These placements often contribute to their final year dissertation and vary from 3 months to a year (depending on degree requirements).
Look at the job offers for grants and open calls.
OUTREACH EVENTS 2017:
- Cuentahistorias científicas: 11-14 SEPT, Pamplona
- Ciencia Show: 14 SEPT, Bilbao
- Naukas Bilbao y Naukas Kids: 14-17 SEPT, Bilbao
- Science+: 18-20 SEPT, Bilbao
- Campus Gutenberg UPF: 18-19 SEPT, Barcelona
- Jot Down Ciencia: 22-23 SEPT, Sevilla
- Naukas Valladolid ‘La ciencia del futuro’: 30 SEPT, Valladolid
- BCNspiracy: 30 SEPT,Barcelona
- Cerebro Boca: 5-6 OCT, Madrid
- World Conference of Science Journalists: 26-30 OCT, San Francisco
- 100xCiencia.2: 2-3 NOV, Alicante
- Semana de la ciencia: 6-19 NOV, All around Spain
- Falling Walls: 7-9 NOV, Berlin
- Congreso de Comunicación Social de la Ciencia: 23-25 NOV, Córdoba
- Desgranando Ciencia: 15-16 DEC, Granada
- Getting started in writing and speaking (Fundació Esteve): 17-18 OCT, Granollers
- Comunicar la Ciencia (Universidad Castilla-La Mancha): 25-26 SEPT, Cuenca
- Divulgar tu Proyecto científico en un video de 60” (Fundació Esteve): 24-25 OCT, Donostia
- El científico ante los medios de comunicación (Fundació Esteve): 21-22 NOV, Madrid
- Curs d’Especialització en Comunicació Científica (UVic i Eduscopi): 10 NOV - 6 JUL, Barcelona
- Premi Nacional de Recerca 2017. Deadline: 29 September 2017.
- Premis Fundació Princesa de Girona Recerca Científica: between 16-35 years. Deadline: 30 October 2017.
- Premi IEC de Ciències Químiques ANTONI DE MARTÍ I FRANQUÈS. Ofert a la millor tesi doctoral o al millor treball d’investigació sobre ciències químiques. Deadline: 30 November 2017
- Premi IEC de Ciències de l’Enginyeria RAFAEL CAMPALANS. Ofert a la millor tesi doctoral o al millor treball d’investigació sobre ciències de l’enginyeria. Deadline: 30 November 2017
- Premi de la Societat Catalana de Química al TFG del Grau de Química. Deadline: 30 November 2017.
- Other Premis IEC
- Premio Méxio de Ciencia y Tecnología 2017. Deadline: 20 October 2017
Research Facilities and Collaborations:
- The Call for proposals for ALBA beamline 2018-I cycle is now open. Deadline: 7 September 2017.
- Open call for short-term visits to NFFA-Europe Facilities: especially for PhD and postdoc researchers, for hands-on activities on the NFFA facilities. First call starts: 15 August 2017
- MIT-SPAIN ”la Caixa” Foundation SEED FUND. Open call for proposals to encourage collaboration between Spanish and MIT researchersMIT-SPAIN ”la Caixa” Foundation SEED FUND. Open call for proposals to encourage collaboration between Spanish and MIT researchers. Deadline: 18 September 2017.
Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions:
- Open calls for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (IF). Deadline: 14 September 2017
- Open calls for Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND-2017. Deadline: 28 September 2017
- Open calls for TECNIOspring PLUS. Deadline: 14 September 2017
European Research Council (ERC):
- ERC Proof of Concept ERC-2017-PoC. Deadline: 5 September 2017
- ERC Advanced Grants ERC-2017-AdG. Deadline: 31 August 2017
- ERC Synergy Grants ERC-2017-Syn. Deadline: 14 November 2017
- ERC Starting Grants ERC-2017-St. Deadlilne: 17 October 2017
- Service for the review of ERC proposals open.
Other European H2020 projects:
- Industrial PhD (Doctorats Industrials). Deadline: 4 December 2017.
- PhD FI-2017 (Personal Investigador novell). Deadline: 10-28 September 2017.
- Junior Leader Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme. Deadline: 2 October 2017 at 2:00 pm
More information on open calls for research:
- Proposal of activities for the "Setmana de la Ciència 2017" (10-19 November 2017). If any of you would like to participate in activities at ICMAB, please let me know before 15 September 15 2017!
- Poster competition for the "Setmana de la Ciència 2017". Deadline: 12 September 2017.
- Gutenberg 2017 awards for Science Communication. Deadline: 8 September 2017.