Contact DataPhone: + 34 935 801 853
Fax: + 34 935 805 729
Dep: Molecular Nanoscience and Organic Materials
Whie doing the last year of his Nanoscience degree, David Piña joined the ICMAB and the NANOMOL group in 2014 in the framework of his degree thesis. Thanks to that, he worked in the synthesis and characterization of FDA approved nanovesicles for drug delivery applications. In 2016 he started his Cemical Engineering Master's degree at the Universitat Politenica de Barcelona (UPC) which is on-going. At the beginning of 2017, he earned a MINECO contract as a supervisor of the supercritical CO2 and High Pressure plants of the SOFT materials service.
My interests are focused in the study and optimization of green CO2-based techniques for the synthesis of nanometric-sized materials for biomedical applications.
I am also interested in other medecine related topic as well as in food engineering processes.
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2014. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Skills in High Pressure and Supercritical state equipments (at different scales, from small lab volumes (6 mL) to Pilot Plant size (16 L)):
- Synthesis of lipidical and non-lipidical nanocarriers for drug delevery therapies.
- Microemulsion /nanostructured liquids formation an characterization
- Drying of gels and aerogels by solvent exchange with supercritcal fluids.
- Synthesis of Nanoparticles.
- Essential oils extractions from organic compounds.
- Chemical reaction at high pressure.
Characterization of particulated materials:
-Zetaseizer average size distribution and Z-potencial stability.
-Nanotracking analysis for size distribution.