Severo Ochoa Project
Consolidation of the Severo Ochoa Research Project 2016-2019: Smart Functional Materials for Social Grand Challenges (FUNMAT)The ICMAB became a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence in 2016, becoming one of the top research centers in Spain in Materials Science. The associated research programme brings together the institute’s eight research groups in five priority research lines (RL):
- RL1: Sustainable energy conversion and storage systems
- RL2: Superconductors for power applications
- RL3: Oxide electronics
- RL4: Molecular electronics
- RL5: Multifunctional nanostructured biomaterials
- CLEAN AND SECURE ENERGY
- SUSTAINABLE AND LOW COST ELECTRONICS
- SMART NANOMEDICINE
The general objectives of the FUNMAT Severo Ochoa project are:
- Achieving a high scientific and technological impact.
- Strengthening the international ICMAB leadership in the functional materials area.
- Enhancing the fundraising capabilities of the ICMAB.
- Enhancing the activities related to outreach and the exploitation of research outcomes.
- Improving the training and recruiting activities of ICMAB to attract the best talent.
- Implementing a specific Gender Action Plan aimed to promote gender equality.
In 2017, the Severo Ochoa Centers and María de Maezto Units are illustrated in this map: