Becas posgrado La Caixa para tesis en centros Ochoa/Maeztu
- News 11 November 2016 3484 hits
“la Caixa” Foundation has published the call for 57 PhD fellowships in the framework of the program INPhINIT. The application period is from November 7th until February 2nd, 2017.
INPhINIT is a new doctoral fellowship program devoted to attract international Early-Stage Researchers to the top Spanish research centers, including the ICMAB. INPhINIT recruits per call 57 Early-Stage Researchers of any nationality, who to enjoy a 3-year contract. Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
The call for applications is intended for the pursuit of a doctoral degree in the fields of technology, engineering, physics, mathematics, life and health sciences and is aimed at individuals who fulfil the requirements to be admit ted into a doctoral degree program, provided that they also fulfil the mobility requirements between countries and that they have not previously enrolled in the doctoral studies applied for.
The conditions are the following:
- 3-years contract. The fellowships have a maximum duration of three years. However, they are granted for one year and include the possibility of two renewals in all cases, provided that the follow-up reports requested on an annual basis are favorable.
- Incorporation date: September /October 2017. January 2018 under extraordinary circumstances.
- 104.400 euros (34.800 euros per year) including salary, employee social security contribution, income taxes and all compulsory employers’ contributions, this is equivalent to a gross salary approx 26.000 euro - 28.000 euro per year.
- 10.692 euros (3.564 euros per year) for research costs such as conferences and workshops attendance, short-stays, consumables and intellectual property costs, among others.
- PhD Award of 7.500 euros will be granted to researchers that submit their thesis within 6 months after the end of the fellowship.
- In addition to the economic support, the fellowship includes a classroom-based training programme on transversal skills, which has been specially designed by leading international institutions in the sector (Oxford University Innovation and Crac Vitae). This programme will address aspects such as technology transfer, entrepreneurship, innovation marketing, intellectual property, leadership, creativity, communication skills, teamwork, personal development, planning, assertiveness and networking. High-quality academic and industrial secondments.
- Participation in outreach and social events of “la Caixa” Foundation.
- Young researchers of any nationality are eligible for the INPhINIT fellowship program.
- All individuals who hold a higher education degree, which makes it possible for them to enroll in an official doctoral degree program in accordance with the regulations in force, and who have not previously enrolled in the doctoral studies applied for, can submit an application. Therefore, at the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options:
- To have completed the studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level.
- To have completed a degree in a non-Spanish university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies.
- Mobility Rule: Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date. Short stays such as holidays will not be taken into account.
- Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
- At the time of recruitment candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
Application and documentation
- Candidates must apply using the online application platform available in the “Fellowships” section on the “la Caixa” Foundation website.
- Using the online application platform, candidates should state their preferred predoctoral fellowship position, which they would like to get, in the “Prospective studies" section. They will not be required to provide a confirmation of admission or an endorsement from the director of the predoctoral fellowship position stated beforehand.
- At least three reference letters from university professors or other relevant individuals with whom they have had contact either academically or professionally.
- Candidates should include the transcripts of academic records for the studies that make them eligible for a doctoral degree program.
INPhINIT relies on the European Commission's support through the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - COFUND programme to recruit a larger number of researchers and achieve a broader impact, as well as to further pursue the highest standards for research training.
Related Topics: CLOSED