Congratulations to Dr. Laura López, new ICMAB graduate!
- News 02 March 2018 2030 hits
Dr. Laura López-Mir defended her PhD thesis on "Transport phenomena and magnetism in nanostructures of lanthanum manganite-based oxide thin films" on Friday, 2 March 2018 (11:00 am at the C3b/-110 Auditori, Centre de Recerca Matemàtica UAB (CRM-UAB)). Congratulations, Laura!
Abstract: La2Co0.8Mn1.2O6 is a scarcely studied ferromagnetic insulating material. This thesis is centered in the understanding of a strong strain induced perpendicular magnetic anisotropy observed in certain La2Co0.8Mn1.2O6 thin films. The possibility of using this material for applications in spintronics is also explored. The results show great potential since spin filtering, tunnel anisotropic magnetoresistance and memory capabilities are detected in a device where a ferromagnetic barrier is the only active magnetic material. On the other hand, local transport properties of nanostructures of another type of manganite, such as La0.7Sr0.3MnO3, are studied. In particular, the physical properties and composition of two coexisting terminations are correlated by means of scanning probe and x-ray-based microscopies.
- Lluís Balcells, Advanced characterization and nanostructured materials, ICMAB
- Carmen Ocal, Physical Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces, ICMAB
- Carlos Frontera, Advanced characterization and nanostructured materials, ICMAB
- President: Jacobo Santamaría Sánchez-Barriga (Universidad Complutense Madrid (UCM), Spain)
- Secretary: Neus Domingo Marimon (Institut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia (ICN2), Spain)
- Vocal: Xavier Martí Rovirosa (IGSresearch, Spain)
Congratulations Laura, and we hope you enjoy your new dancing shoes!