DTIC-UPF, 8 April 2019: Open Science Day SOMM Alliance
- News 26 March 2019 951 hits
The Open Science Day in the context of the Working Group on Open Science within the network of Severo Ochoa Centers and María de Maeztu Units (SOMMA), led by BCAM and DTIC-UPF, will take place on 8 April 2019 at the Dept. of Information and Communication Technologies, Univ. Pompeu Fabra (DTIC-UPF) in Barcelona.
13:00 h - 14:00 h
Protocol for research data management at DTIC-UPF and the application to the Freesound platform. Malcolm Bain (idLaw partners).
Malcolm will present one of the actions carried out within the María de Maeztu DTIC-UPF research projects to help ensure compliance by these projects with GDPR, presenting a general practical protocol for research projects processing personal data, with the objective for managing data within these projects to ensure not just legal compliance but also use and re-use within legally established limits. Illustrated by work with the Freesound platform. Malcolm will also lead a debate on whether and how datasets incorporating personal data may be used within Open Science oriented projects, if at all.
14:00 h - 15:00 h
15:00 h - 17:00 h
Incentives and recognition to Open Science in Spain.
Brief introduction of participants and selected OS activities in SOMMa. Aurelio Ruiz (DTIC-UPF) (document)How should (if it should) Open Science be incentivised when assessing research organisations in programs such as the centers and units of excellence Severo Ochoa and María Maeztu?
- Open Science in Europe. Current status for incentives. Jean Claude Burgelman. Head of Unit Open Data Policies and Science Cloud. DG RTD, EC
- Open Science in Spain. Cristina González Copeiro. Director of the Department of Management of Scientific Information. Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) and Pilar Rico Castro. Head of the Unit Open Access Unit, Repositories and Journals. Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT)
- Case 1. Contributing to EU policy. The case of the EU Open Science Policy Platform, and EU-Life reaction to Plan S principles. Michela Bertero (CRG)
- Case 2. Distributing internal resources using Open Science criteria - The María de Maeztu DTIC-UPF program. Xavier Serra (DTIC-UPF)
17:15 h - 18:00 h
Meeting of the SOMMa Working Group on Open Science. Next steps.
10:00 h - 14:30 h
"Open Science and Your Research".
Workshop run by the ORION H2020 project. Check the program. Introductory workshop for participants with little or no knowledge of all the dimensions of Open Science.
15:30 h - 17:30 h
Tutorial - Wikimedia Public (Research) Resources (details)
Related Topics: EVENTS