ICMAB hosts the H2020 FASTGRID Project Meeting on 19-20 October 2017
- News 19 October 2017 1633 hits
The 3rd Face to Face Project Meeting for FASTGRID is being held on the 19-20 October 2017 at the UAB Campus. The meeting is organized by KIT in Karlsruhe and hosted by ICMAB, in Barcelona. The project meeting starts at 12.00 pm on Thursday with a lab tour of ICMAB, followed by the individual partner presentations as well as status report by the project coordinator, Pascal Tixador from CNRS, at 2 pm at Hotel Campus, Bellaterra.
The meeting continues with the project status of the different workpackages of the project during the two days: WP1: Advanced and emerging REBCO Tapes; WP2: Long length REBCO tapes for demonstration; WP3: Functionalized material for devices and FCL smart module; WP4: Validation and demonstration tests; WP5: Dissemination and socio-economic aspects and WP6: Project management.
The main objectives of the FASTGRID project are to:
- Increase the electrical field that superconducting tapes can withstand under limitation without any degradation of properties.
- Improve the critical current of the tapes.
- Raise the robustness of the tapes against all kinds of operation conditions using a novel approach to boost the so called Normal Zone Propagation Velocity (NZPV).
- Functionalize its surface to increase the thermal exchanges with the coolant.
The Project, which has received funding from the European Union‘s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the grant agreement No 721019, has a duration of 42 months, and started on January 1, 2017. 12 partners, comprising 9 research institutions and 3 industrial partners, from 8 different countries (Canada, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Slovakia, Spain and Switzerland) are working together in this project, which has a budget of 9 M€.
The detailed agenda for the 3rd Project meeting in Barcelona can be downloaded here.
Related Topics: Conferences and meetings