ICMAB, 1 April 2019: II Workshop on Spectroscopy Techniques: Generalities and Applications
- News 03 January 2019 1494 hits
We invite you to the II Workshop on Spectroscopy Techniques: Generalities and Applications, which will be held at ICMAB, Barcelona, on April 1, 2019. If you are working in this field, or are interested in spectroscopy techniques, such as Raman, EPR or NMR, you cannot miss it! We encourage PhD and Master students to attend! Registration is free and deadline is March 15, 2019.
Welcome to the II Workshop on Spectroscopy Techniques: Generalities and Applications. This workshop aims at providing an overview of different spectroscopic techniques that are of interest to the scientific community working in different fields at the ICMAB and in our nearby research community.
Talks on Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR) and Raman Spectrsocopy have been included. In addition, we will have the opportunity to know more about one of the specific techniques offered by the ALBA synchrotron, such as Infrared Microscopy.
The intention of the workshop is to first talk about the generalities of such spectroscopic techniques for those who are non-experts; and then to present more specifically some of the very diverse applications of these techniques, especially in the field of Materials Science. We will count with the presence of experts in these fields who will illustrate us with some examples.
Topics and speakers
- NMR at the UAB: Equipment, methodology and applications by Dr. Teodor Parella, Servei de Ressonància Magnètica Nuclear UAB, Barcelona
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in materials science by Dr. Silvia Lope, Servei de Ressonància Magnètica Nuclear UAB, Barcelona
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance: Organic radicals applications in materials science by Dr. José Vidal Gancedo / Dra. Vega Lloveras Monserrat, ICMAB-CSIC, Barcelona
- Pulsed Electron Paramagnetic Resonance: Applications in biology and materials science by Dr. Inés García Rubio, ICMA-CSIC, Zaragoza
- Application of EPR to the study of reactions of environmental interest: Elimination of nitrogen oxides by Dr. Teresa Blasco Lanzuela, ITQ-CSIC, Valencia
- Raman spectroscopy: Fundamentals & applications by Dr. J. Sebastián Reparaz / Prof. Alejandro R. Goñi, ICMAB-CSIC, Barcelona
- Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering: from molecular spectroscopy to biophysical applications by Dr. Claudia Fasolato, Università di Perugia, Italia
- Synchrotron based Infrared Microscopy for biological studies by Dr. Núria Benseny-Cases, ALBA Synchrotron, Barcelona
Spectroscopy is one of the most essential tools for the characterization of molecules and materials, based on the interaction between matter and electromagnetic radiation. Spectroscopy is a fundamental exploratory tool in the fields of physics, chemistry, and astronomy, and is also essential in materials science, allowing the composition and structure of matter to be investigated at molecular scale.
The morphology and crystallinity can be investigated with spectroscopic techniques. In the study of materials, one of the key principles is that the structure at an atomic level determines the behavior of the material on a macro scale. Spectroscopy gives scientists in this field the tools they require to develop the cutting-edge materials of the future.
Registration and more information
Registration is open until 15 March 2019 on the website: https://congresses.icmab.es/wst2019/