ICMAB, 17-20 SEPT 2018: MATENER 2018: SEVERO OCHOA SUMMER SCHOOL IN MATERIALS FOR ENERGY
On 17-20 September ICMAB will host the MATENER 2018: Severo Ochoa Summer School in Materials for Energy. This summer school is addressed to last year undergraduate, master and PhD students, who are interested in the development of materials with energy applications, such as photovoltaics, thermoelectrics, batteries or superconducting materials.
The aim of the summer school is to present the design, development and application of new materials for a wide range of energy applications. The school includes lectures from international and local scientists, hands on and management activities. As a consequence, this Scientific School is an optimal opportunity to discover, learn and practice on material science focusing on fundamental science and applied research in the field of energy.
The school is included in the Severo Ochoa activities of the center.
- Functional and advanced nanomaterials for a clean and sustainable energy production, conversion, storage and transport
- Materials for energy conversion: Photovoltaics, Thermoelectric materials
- Materials for energy storage: Next generation bateries, Supercapacitors
- Materials for energy transport: Superconducting materials
- Life Cycle Analysis of materials for energy
- Advanced characterization techniques of energy materials
The organization of the summer school is formed by researchers from the research lines devoted to clean and secure energy and superconducting materials, with the support of the Severo Ochoa Strategic Unit, the Communications & Outreach Officer and the Seminars & Training Committee: Maria Isabel Alonso, Mariano Campoy-Quiles, Nieves Casañ, Pep Fontcuberta, Alejandro Goñi, Ana M. López, M. Rosa Palacín, Anna Palau, Dino Tonti, Anna May Masnou, Riccardo Rurali, Montse Salas & Seminars and Training Committee.
Registration will open soon in the website: https://congresses.icmab.es/matener2018/