Job Offer: ICMAB Technology Transfer Officer
- Identify applications in applied research and industrial fronts.
- Develop a marketing strategy and oversee the global sales process.
- Contact outfits possibly interested in services that ICMAB can provide.
- Help in seeking potential industrial partners to collaborate in projects within the Horizon 2020 EU program.
- Help to identify ICMAB know-how and technologies with commercial potentia
- Help to promote ICMAB’s know-how and technologies through agreements with companies and the foundation of spin-offs
- Follow the development of exploitable technologies being developed in ICMAB projects
- Be familiar with all ICMAB IP and the ownership and CSIC exploitation conditions
- Maintain a database related to companies, projects and patents
- Maintain an internal and external CRM, Customer Relationship Management, (with researchers and companies)
- Facilitate communication between researchers and patent lawyers/other partners for patent application and management (CSIC)
- Facilitate communication between researchers and lawyers for start-up creation
- Help to protect technologies in the most appropriate way
- Help to prepare proposals to be presented to funding programs for technology transfer related activities, as well as contributing to running projects
- Provide general support to the ICMAB Direction concerning contacts with companies and other entities, arranging meetings, coordinating visits by, internal ICMAB training sessions on Technology Transfer
- Help to prepare documentation concerning internal processes, promotional material, project deliverables, contracts, etc.
- Advanced degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Applied Physics, Industrial or Electronics Engineering, or similar.
- PhD in Science is advisable.
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) management or similar is a plus.
- Specialized courses on IPR management, exploitation of research results, etc. is also a plus.
- At least three-years experience in Technology Transfer within the science and technology research domain. Knowledge of the following areas, will be at an advantage: projects between non-profit research centers and private industry; creating start ups; protecting IP; and managing IP portfolios
- Contacts in the industry related to materials science and in the research institutes beyond the Spanish-Catalan area.
- Skills in disseminating information, advertising, and marketing.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritize work load and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work and communicate in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Language: excellent level of written and spoken English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Availability for short trips in Spain and abroad.
Interested applicants should submit to email@example.com (all the documents are mandatory).
- Presentation letter describing past and current positions and motivation (2 pages max.)
- Full CV detailing experience and education.
- Three references (including email address and phone number)
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Deadline: 28 February 2018
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: ICMAB-CSIC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
Related Topics: CLOSED