Klaus Attenkofer, new Scientific Director of ALBA Synchrotron, visits the ICMAB
- News 14 May 2019 641 hits
On 14 May 2019 we received the visit of Klaus Attenkofer, new Scientific Director of ALBA Synchrotron at the Experiments Division since 4 March 2019. Klaus Attenkofer was received by our Director, Xavier Obradors, by our Vicedirector, M. Rosa Palacín, and by the Head of the Scientific Equipment Platforms, Carlos Frontera.
Our Institute and the ALBA Synchrotron have been collaborating and participating in research projects since its inauguration in 2010. This collaboration has been very fruitful, giving place to a high number of joint publications and research outcomes, and to the joint participation in projects for Early Stage Reserachers training (DOC-FAM COFUND MSCA). Take a look at some of our collaborations:
- Six highlights with the participation of ICMAB researchers in the ALBA Synchrotron Activity Report 2017
- Two ICMAB studies at the ALBA Synchrotron Activity Report 2016
- More than 20 % of ALBA publications from 2017 are in collaboration with ICMAB
- Meet the 10 future scientists working on Advanced Functional Materials of the DOC-FAM MSCA-COFUND project!
- Investigadores catalanes capturen les primeres imatges de cèl·lules mare endotelials humanes al Sincrotró Alba
About Klaus Attenkofer
Most of his career has been focused in materials science, chemistry and environment, with a strong emphasis on energy sciences, developing new detection and data acquisition systems and implementing different sample environments. Klaus highlights "his enthusiasm in taking part of the ALBA team, a facility with huge growing possibilities and outstanding research capabilities".
- Klaus Attenkofer appointed Scientific Director of ALBA (ALBA Synchrotron)
Related Topics: Events-Videos