Oferta de trabajo: Communication & Outreach Officer
- News 10 January 2017 5506 hits
The Materials Science Institute of Barcelona (Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona, ICMAB) focuses on generating new knowledge in Materials Science and transferring it to the society. Cutting edge activities in materials science are now deeply rooted in the nanoscience revolution and ICMAB’s research is strongly related to new developments in this area.
ICMAB has recently been recognized as one of the “Severo Ochoa” Centres of Excellence, a label awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness (MINECO) to public research centers that demonstrate scientific leadership and impact at global level, as well as active collaboration in their social and business environment.
In the framework of the Severo Ochoa program, ICMAB intends to invigorate its communication strategy and for this reason is opening a call for a Communication & Outreach Officer.
- To develop and implement a communication and marketing strategy to strengthen the national and international recognition of ICMAB, as well as to develop and manage a corporate image of the Center.
- To develop and implement an outreach plan addressing three main areas: scientific vocations, scientific culture, and media and industry. To assist researchers in transmitting the results of their research to the general public.
- To enhance ICMAB online presence, through its website and developing a comprehensive on‐line communications strategy using SocialMedia (YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, etc.) integrated in ICMAB's website.
- To help reaching high potential future researcher to the Center, and to transmit the importance of frontier research in materials science.
- To prepare proposals for obtaining funds for outreach activities at ICMAB
- To enhance internal communication
- To generate written content about ICMAB and ICMAB Research Lines (annual report, booklets, brochures and other informative material)
- To manage and enhance communication with the media (press release and similar content)
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- APhD degree in the natural sciences, preferably in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry or asimilar discipline (required).
- A relevant qualification in science communication (Master desirable).
- 2‐3 years experience in devising and delivering outreach and education activities within as cientific environment.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.Ability to produce engaging content.
- Ability to understand scientific messages and effectively transmit them to a variety of different audiences
- Knowledge of publishing techniques for web and print. Familiarity with social media tools.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to work with minimum supervision prioritize work load and handle multiple tasks.
- Solid command of written and spoken English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
Submission of applications
Interested applicants should submit to firstname.lastname@example.org (all the documents are mandatory):
- Presentation letter describing past and current positions and motivation (2 pages max.)
- Full CV detailing experience and education.
- Three references (including email address and phone number)
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on January 30, 2017.
Related Topics: CLOSED