PhD Thesis Defense by Jike Lyu on 12 September 2019 at 11 am
- News 26 August 2019 843 hits
Epitaxial Ferroelectric Thin Films on Si(001): strain tuning of BaTiO3 and stabilization of polar phase in Hf0.5Zr0.5O2
by Jike Lyu, Laboratory of Multifunctional Oxides and Complex Structures (MULFOX), ICMAB-CSIC
Date: Thursday, 12 September 2019
Time: 11 am
Venue: Sala d'actes Carles Miravitlles, ICMAB-CSIC
This thesis investigated the epitaxial lead free ferroelectric films on Silicon. It consists of two major parts: firstly, different from the conventional substrate-based strain engineering, we developed a new strain method to tune the lattice strain and ferroelectric polarization of BaTiO3 films epitaxially integrated with silicon based on balancing the thermodynamics and kinetics through controlling the growth parameters; secondly, we determined the growth window by PLD for epitaxially stabilizing the polar orthorhombic phase in Hf0.5Zr0.5O2 films on STO(001).
Further epitaxial growth of high quality Hf0.5Zr0.5O2 films has been successfully integrated on Si substrate in a capacitor heterostructure with different buffer layers presenting outstanding ferroelectric properties.
- Florencio Sánchez, ICMAB-CSIC
- President: Jacobo Santamaría Barriga, Universidad Complutense Madrid, Spain
- Secretary: Martí Gich, Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC), Spain
- Vocal: Lucian Pintilie, The National Institute of Materials Physics, Romania