Pol Sallés will start his PhD at the ICMAB with a "la Caixa" INPhINIT Doctoral Fellowship
- News 03 October 2019 282 hits
Pol Sallés has been awarded with a "la Caixa" INPhINIT (MSCA COFUND) grant to come to the ICMAB to start his PhD Thesis with researcher Mariona Coll in the field of perovskites for solar cells. Congratulations, Pol!
Pol Sallés is not a new member of the ICMAB. He did his Bachelor Project and participated in a Research Project within the Nanoparticles and Nanocomposites (NN) group, with Anna Roig, synthesizing different kinds of nanoparticles for photocatalysis and other potential applications.
Now he will be under the supervision of Mariona Coll (SUMAN group), within the project "All-oxide photovoltaic by cost efficient chemical routes".
I had previously been working at the ICMAB with the NN group, first during my batchelor degree on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (UAB), when I worked with TiO2/bacterial cellulose nanocomposites for photocatalysis and then I worked as technician synthesizing different kind of nanoparticles via microwave.
After that, I started an Erasmus Mundus master on materials for energy storage and conversion, which took me two years around the world. I studied at Paul Sabatier University (Toulouse, France), Warsaw University of Technology (Warsaw, Poland), University of Picardie Jules Verne (Amiens, France) and finally at Drexel University (Philadelphia, USA) where I did my final thesis about MXene thin films for electrochromic and supercapacitor applications.
Now, under the supervision of Dr. Mariona Coll, I will do my PhD on "All-oxide photovoltaic by cost efficient chemical routes". In this project we attempt to research further on ferroelectric perovskite oxides as photovoltaic active material, using techniques such as chemical solution deposition (CSD) and atomic layer deposition (ALD) for its fabrication.
Pol Sallés, from Manresa, is the 4th INPhINIT fellow that we have at the ICMAB. In 2017 call, Jan Grzelak, José Jurado and Milena Cervo Sulzbach came to to start their PhD with us:
- Jan Grzelak, from Poland, is doing his PhD under the supervision of Anna Roig and Martí Gich (NN group), within the project "Mesoporous Magnetic Nanorods for Theranostics".
- Milena Cervo Sulzbach, from Brasil, is doing her PhD with Josep Fontcuberta (MULFOX group), within the project "Engineering brain-like neurons and synapse with ferroelectrics".
- José Jurado, from the USA, is doing his PhD with Mariano Campoy-Quiles (NANOPTO group), within the project "Hybrid photovoltaic and thermoelectric (PV/TE) devices based on organic semiconductors"
- Doctoral "la Caixa" fellowships: https://obrasociallacaixa.org/en/investigacion-y-becas/programa-de-becas-de-posgrado/inphinit/programme-description
- Beques de doctorat “la Caixa” INPhINIT Incoming en centres de recerca d’excel·lència d’Espanya i Portugal - Resultats del procés de selecció
- Three INPhINIT "la Caixa" Research Fellows will start their PhD at ICMAB on September 2017 (ICMAB)
- José Jurado, Milena Cervo and Jan Grzelak received their INPhINIT "la Caixa" fellowship at Caixaforum (ICMAB)
Related Topics: PhD