Postdoctoral position at the LMGP Laboratory in Grenoble
- News 25 September 2019 252 hits
Postdoctoral position at the LMGP Laboratory in Grenoble: Oxide thin films for energy harvesting and storage micro-devices
We are looking for a highly-motivated postdoctoral researcher to lead the research activity on the development and advanced characterization of electrochemical materials for their use in novel micro-devices for energy harvesting and storage. He/she will be part of the “Oxides for nanoionic devices” group and will work under the supervision of Dr Mónica Burriel within the framework of the European FET Proactive project “Harvestore” (http://www.harvestore.eu/), which aim is to develop beyond-state-of-the-art technologies in the field of Internet of Things. Within the “Haverstore” project he/she will be a member a European network of partners, including research, technology centers and advanced industries from 6 different countries, who have joined their efforts with the goal of opening-up a new technology paradigm.
The candidate will have two roles, a scientific one (90% of the time) and as project engineer (10% of the time, assisting to the administrative work of the Harvestore project. Within this very exciting project, the post-doctoral researcher will focus on the investigation of oxide thin films for “μ-harvestorers”, devices which will be able to collect and store energy from heat and light at the same time.
He/she will be mainly focused on the tuning of the materials structural and functional properties using chemical deposition techniques (CVD & ALD) and in the development of advanced functional characterization techniques. For understanding and optimizing the thin film properties, it is mandatory to relate the structural, micro-structural and chemical parameters of the oxide to the electrochemical performance at high temperatures. The LMGP houses state-of-the-art experimental equipment for investigating such properties. X-ray diffraction, atomic force microscopy, electron microscopy (SEM, TEM) and in situ Raman spectroscopy will be routinely used and will be combined with electrochemical measurements. For this the postdoc will mainly in charge of the:
- Deposition, characterization and tuning of electrolyte and electrode materials
- Development and implementation of advanced in situ and operando characterization techniques for Nanoinics
- Scaling and integration of the optimized thin films in reversible Micro Solid Oxide Cells
- Project management: organization of meetings, presentations and report writing
- PhD degree in materials science, physics, chemistry or related field.
- A very good knowledge of English language, both spoken and written.
- Good writing skills, ability to publish and promote your research
- Excellent communication, organisational skills and managerial ability for the project
- Proactive, creative, independent and highly-motivated candidate
- Interpersonal skills, problem-solving, initiative, rigor and teamwork abilities
Please send motivation letter, CV, list of publications and contact details of two referees to directly through the following link: https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR5628-MONBUR-005/Default.aspx?lang=EN
Closing date for applications: 01/10/2019
Related Topics: JOBS