Postdoctoral Researcher in Organic Solar Cells in the NANOPTO group
- News 15 March 2018 2941 hits
A postdoctoral research position is offered within the framework of the project “Finding a needle in a haystack: efficient identification of high performing organic energy materials (FOREMAT)”, funded by the European Research Council through the program ERC-Consolidator Grant.
The appointment has an initial duration of 2 years, starting in May 2018.
With the aim of deepen our understanding of organic materials for photovoltaic applications, the host group has recently developed a high throughput platform that enables the fast evaluation of promising organic materials and simultaneously produce design rules in terms of processing methods and improved compounds. The activities of the successful candidate will focus on the fabrication, characterization and understanding of organic photovoltaic devices based on non-fullerene acceptors, all polymer heterojunctions, as well as ternary blends. The structure-performance nexus will be assessed through spectroscopic and microscopic means. Machine learning algorithms might also be implemented to deduce underlying fundamental trends.
Qualifications and Experience
- Essential: PhD in Material Science, Physics, Chemistry or Engineering
- Essential: Strong background and experience in organic solar cell fabrication, characterization and optimization demonstrated by peer review publications
- Familiarity with spectroscopic techniques is desirable (e.g. Raman, microPL, LBIC, ellipsometry).
- Familiarity with big data analysis could be useful.
- Ability to think logically and creatively, and make informed decisions.
- Fluency and clarity in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Commitment to high quality research and to work within CSIC health and safety guidelines.
Applications with a motivation letter, a complete CV, and reference letters should be submitted electronically to email@example.com with the subject “xxx-FOREMAT-Postdoc3-application”, substituting xxx by the candidate´s surname.
Application deadline: April, 1, 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and asked to introduce their profile at CSIC bolsa de trabajo (https://www.bolsatrabajo.csic.es/bolsa_trabajo/?site_lang=en).