Molecular Beam Epitaxy
Scientific Supervisor: Dr. M. Isabel Alonso
The Laboratory of MBE (L-MBE) is a scientific service developing own research and supporting research of other groups based on group IV semiconductor heterostructures. The L-MBE belongs to the Scientific Service Unit and is also part of the Laboratory of Optical Properties. The service is scientifically coordinated by Dr. M. Isabel Alonso and governed by a commission detailed below. The service is managed according to the regulations established by the commission.
- Prof. Joan Bausells (IMB-CNM-CSIC)
- Dr. Javier Rodriguez-Viejo (UAB)
- Dr. Jordi Fraxedas (CIN2-CSIC)
- Prof. Teresa Puig (ICMAB-CSIC)
- Dr. Miquel Garriga (ICMAB-CSIC)
- Dr. M. Isabel Alonso (ICMAB-CSIC)
- Ultra-high vacuum system (Omicron) composed of Fast-entry-lock chamber and main chamber for MBE deposition on 10cm wafers.
- Electron-beam evaporator for Si.
- High temperature effusion cell for Ge.
- Carbon sublimation source with a pyrolytic graphite filament.
- High temperature effusion cell for B.
- Low temperature effusion cell for Sb.
- GaP decomposition cell for P2.
- Process software.
- Cross beam mass analyser for Si flux control or RGA.
- Rate monitor (UHV quartz microbalance sensor head).
- RHEED e-source (30 kV) and screen on lead glass.