Thursday, 28 Feb 2019: PhD Thesis Defense by Sílvia Illa Tuset at 11 am
- News 05 February 2019 1524 hits
Molecular Modelling of Quatsome nanovesicles
Date: Thursday, 28 February 2019
Time: 11 am
Venue: Sala d'actes Carles Miravitlles, ICMAB-CSIC
Abstract: This thesis is devoted to the theoretical and computational study, at atomistic and molecular scales, of the properties of novel organic nanoparticles called Quatsomes (vesicles made by mixing CTAB cationic surfactant and cholesterol), as well as the interactions of Quatsomes with different types of fluorescent molecules.
The methodology employed is computational molecular modelling. It includes modelling of the interactions between molecules at different scales and resolutions (DFT electronic structure calculations, atomistic molecular mechanics force fields and coarse-grain molecular mechanics force fields) and molecular dynamics simulations at atomistic and coarse-grain molecular resolutions. Most of the results have observable consequences that have been confirmed experimentally.
- Jordi Faraudo, Theory and Simulation, ICMAB
- Swapans K. Pati, Theoretical Science Unit, JNCASR, India
- President: Elvira Guardia Manuel, UPC, Spain
- Secretary: Roger Estrada Tejedor, IQS, Spain
- Vocal: Flor Rebeca Siperstein Blumovicz, University of Manchester, England