ICMAB-CSIC is an internationally renowned public research institute in Advanced Functional Materials integrated in the National Research Council of Spain (CSIC). The mission of ICMAB is to generate new knowledge in Materials Science through excellent scientific research useful for society and industry.
ICMAB has 62 permanent and 155 non-permanent scientists and a total of 270 people divided in eight Research Groups. The center has outstanding international competitiveness, with a large number of high impact articles and citations and European research projects participation (5 ERC grants at present), with the strongest international leadership position in the specific domains of Functional molecular, supramolecular and oxide materials. The center has been recently awarded with the label of Center of Excellence “Severo Ochoa” by the Spanish Ministry.
The Strategic Research Program includes five mission-oriented Research Lines to face three social grand-challenges: clean and secure energy, smart and sustainable electronics and smart nanomedicine. The strategic Research Lines are: 1/ Energy storage and conversion; 2/ Superconductors for power applications; 3/ Oxide electronics; 4/ Molecular electronics; 5/ Multifunctional nanostructured biomaterials.
The ICMAB - CSIC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO) in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer. The Severo Ochoa award provides 4M€ over 2016-2019 to implement ICMAB’s Research and Human Resources Programmes.
- Candidates should be ready to enter an official doctoral programme in September 2018 (under Spanish Law). By this time, they must have obtained a university degree and a master degree; or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area with a minimum of 300 ECTS of official university studies, of which at least 60 are at masters’ level.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of English.
Download here the list of available projects.
Deadline: From 18th September 2018 until 11th October 2018.
- Personal data and CV
- Cover letter, including motivation for applying
- A copy of your Certified Academic Record, showing grades obtained (degree and masters). If these are not in Catalan, Spanish or English, applicants should attach an official translation in one of these languages