SCIENTIFIC & TECHNICAL SERVICES
Molecular Beam Epitaxy
The Laboratory of MBE (L-MBE) is a scientific service developing own research and supporting research of other groups based on group IV semiconductor heterostructures. The L-MBE belongs to the Scientific Service Unit and is also part of the Laboratory of Optical Properties. The service is scientifically coordinated by Dr. M. Isabel Alonso and governed by a commission detailed below. The service is managed according to the regulations established by the commission.
Ultra-high vacuum system (Omicron) composed of Fast-entry-lock chamber and main chamber for MBE deposition on 10cm wafers.
- Electron-beam evaporator for Si
- High temperature effusion cell for Ge
- Carbon sublimation source with a pyrolytic graphite filament
- High temperature effusion cell for B
- Low temperature effusion cell for Sb
- GaP decomposition cell for P2.
- Process software.
- Cross beam mass analyser for Si flux control or RGA.
- Rate monitor (UHV quartz microbalance sensor head).
- RHEED e-source (30 kV) and screen on lead glass.