Description of Project
The project is part of the Infrastructure for Correlative Analysis of Energy Materials (InCAEM) project, within the Advanced Materials program of the “Planes Complementarios de I+D+I of the Plan de Recuperación, Transformación y Resiliencia” (PRTR). The subproject includes the installation of a multipurpose atomic force microscope (mp-AFM), to be set-up within a Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) platform and involves protocols for potential users.
The objective of the SPM platform is to offer a wide range of correlative advanced characterization of materials for energy by means of a variety of operation modes and under different operation environments. The high flexibility of the mp-AFM will permit correlative experiments with specific beamlines of the synchrotron ALBA.
Physical Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces (SURFACES) at ICMAB-CSIC
Main Tasks and responsibilities
- Participation in the preparation of the tender for the purchase of the mp-SPM.
- Selection of equipment components for operation in various modes and environments.
- Supervision of the technical staff associated with the InCAEM SPM platform laboratory
- Participation in the installation of the mp-SPM and supply systems.
- Testing of the different modes of operation under various environments.
- Implement measurement modes of the SPM.
- Participate in the implementation of references for submicrometric localization in samples.
- Optimize operation protocols for potential users.
The candidate should hold an internationally recognized PhD degree and demonstrated experience in dynamic mode atomic force microscopy. Complementary educational qualifications in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology will be considered.
- Specific professional experience at the international level in SPM is required.
- The participation requirements must be met on the date of completion of the application submission period and will be accredited through the CSIC Job Bank (https://www.bolsatrabajo.csic.es/bolsa_trabajo/).
- Applications that do not present the aforementioned or required documentation during the selection procedure will not be accepted.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and should have excellent laboratory skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), proactivity, team working and strong communication skills are essential.
Details of the position
- Full time work contract.
- Temporary Contract (2 years)
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Estimated Incorporation date: January 2023
How to apply
Applicants should register themselves at the CSIC Job Bank (https://www.bolsatrabajo.csic.es/bolsa_trabajo/) and upload the documentation.
CSIC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
CSIC is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.
The maximum duration of the position is linked to this project funded by “Planes complementarios” ending on 30th September, 2025.
This position is funded by the R&D “Planes Complementarios” named «Reforma institucional y fortalecimiento de las capacidades del Sistema Nacional de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación” granted to the ALBA Synchrotron, within the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan, Funded by the European Union - NextGenerationEU.