This 2017 edition gathered a total of 80 participants from the BNC-b community, 29 of which gave talks and 49 presented a poster with their research, on the following areas of nanoscience: nanobiomaterials, synthesis & characterization of advanced materials, theory & simulation, nanomaterials for energy & environment, fabrication, devices and materials.
The event aimed to promote the networking between the different PhD students in an academic and scientific environment, and was not only open to PhD students, but also to master and undergraduate students, and to the whole scientific community at large, to share experiences and research from different nanoscience areas and research profiles.
The meeting (download here the program) also counted with Invited Lectures around H2020 projects, Science Communication, the Catalan Society of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, roundtables and even a Science Speed Dating session:
- Invited talk “Horizon 2020: funding opportunities on nanotechnology research and innovation” Dr. Alejandra Campos (Project advisor of Oficina de Projectes Internacionals OPI)
- Invited talk "The importance of Science Communication for researchers: The example of Nanodivulga UB" Dr. Jordi Díaz Marcos (responsible CCiTUB and coordinator Nanodivulga UB)
- Roundtable “The future of a PhD” Aron Cummings (senior researcher), Xavier Vila (project manager at Uriach), Emigdio Chávez (postdoctoral researcher), Nadia Pons (business development officer ICN2)
- Invited talk “The precarious life of the researcher” Mónica Alcalá Lorente (member of Assemblea d’Investigadores Precàries UAB)
- Invited talk 'Insider views from outside the nanolaboratory" Roger Ponce (president and co-founder SCN2)
The BNC-b awarded the best oral and poster presentations at the conference. The awards (and prizes) have been for the following participants:
Oral presentation awards:
Congratulations to all the participants, and to the winners!