"Bojos per la Física" comes to ICMAB to discover magnetism and piezoelectricity
- News 18 June 2018 1155 hits
The Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera has developed the program "Bojos per la Ciència" to open the doors of the most relevant research institutes to the most excellent secondary school students. ICMAB joined in 2017 ICN2, IFAE and UAB for the second edition of "Bojos per la Física" and continued this year within this program, which has been a real success.
This initiative allows 20-25 students to interact during 10 work sessions with researchers from ICN2, IFAE, UAB, ICMAB, ICFO and ALBA Synchrotron. Our shared objective is to design a challenging experience for the students and offer them some hints about what does being a researcher in physics mean.
Last year ICMAB participated with a session with a lot of "energy", in which solar cells and batteries were the stars (with Antoni Sánchez and Roberta Verrelli). This year, the topic of our session was "Nanomaterials, del laboratori al carrer: materials magnètics i piezoelèctrics", and Ferran Macià, Ignasi Fina and Marc Font from the MULFOX group (Laboratory of Multifunctional Thin Films and Complex Structures) were in charge of it.
20 students came to ICMAB on June 9, 2018, to participate in this session, which was divided in two: magnetism and piezoelectricity. The students had the opportunity to interact with the researchers, to see some of the laboratories at ICMAB and to learn more about magnetism and piezoelectricity, these two incredible phenomena that take place at the nanoscale and that have potential and important applications in our life.
Thank you to Ferran, Ignasi and Marc for participating in this initiative, and thank you to all the students who came!
More information at: http://bojosperlafisica.ifae.es/
- La física de partícules al detector ATLAS de l’LHC (IFAE)
- Treballant amb electrons (ICN2)
- Caos i Complexitat a la Natura (UAB)
- El paper dels sensors i sensors de paper (ICN2)
- Cosmologia observacional (IFAE)
- Visita al Sincrotró ALBA (ALBA)
- L'aigua sobre les superfícies nanoestructurades (ICN2)
- L’astrofísica amb dades dels telescopis MAGIC de la Palma (IFAE)
- Tecnologies de detecció de partícules (IFAE)
- Del BIT al QUBIT: Criptografia Quàntica i el test de Bell (UAB)
- Nanomaterials: del laboratori al carrer (ICMAB)
- De la física elemental a les Smart Cities (ICN2)
- El fenomen trivial no existeix (UAB)
- Descobreix el poder de la fotònica (ICFO)
- Anàlisi d’observacions Astronòmiques (MónNatura Pirineus)