Happy Birthday ICMAB! We celebrate the 31st Anniversary of our research center!
- News 06 May 2017 2749 hits
During these 31 years, Materials Science has drastically evolved, being currently focused in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Since the last big celebration, in 2011, for its 25 years, ICMAB has succeeded in many fields:
- It is a Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence since January 2016
- It has now 9 ERC granted projects
- It belongs to the Barcelona Nanotechnology cluster in Bellaterra (BNC-b)
- It is the first center within the CSIC centers in the Nature Index
- It has new laboratories and offices in the MATGAS building
- The Nanoquim Platform, for nanostructuring nanomaterials, has more than 40 equipments and is still growing
- In 2016 it achieved the 100,000 citations
- It has published more than 4.800 papers in International Journals, approximately 220 per year
- More than 230 PhD thesis have been defended here
- It has high qualified technicians that work in many different scientific and technical services
- Its research focuses in the grand challenges of this century: energy and environment, electronics and medicine.
Food and drink could not be missed, and we also organized a dessert contest and the ICMAB choir. All the competitions had some great prices: congratulations to all the winners!
Now, let's start another year of great Materials Science research!
Related Topics: Commemorations