Apply by 28 Feb 2023 for funded services in nanopharmaceutical development within the PHOENIX-OITB project
PHOENIX-OITB’s mission is to offer a Single-Entry-Point for a consolidated network of facilities, technologies, services and expertise for all the technology transfer aspects:
From characterization, testing, verification up to scale-up, GMP compliant manufacturing and regulatory guidance in the field of nanopharmaceutical development, framing the OITB clearly within the nanomedicine field.
All interested research groups can apply to this call.
The services and expertise provided by the PHOENIX-OITB include production and characterisation under GMP conditions, safety evaluation, regulatory compliance and commercialisation boost. The Open Call will offer funded services in the following categories:
- Physico-Chemical Characterisation
- Surface Properties, Moisture/Dry, Mass, Size & Distribution, Structure, Morphology, Composition, Chemical Stability, Particle concentration, Drug (API) release kinetics, Free/Encapsuled API Sterility
- in vitro Characterisation
- Composition, Bioactivity, Immunocompatibility, Immunoresponse, Extraction of targeted cells, (A)cellular reactivity & cytotoxicity, Cell viability, Cel. struct., Uptake & localisation, Inflammatory response, Endocytosis/Exocytosis, Sensitization & Irritation, Cytotoxicity, Genotoxicity, Nanomechanical prop. of cells & tissues, Dose metrics, Microbial evaluation, Transcriptomics, Metabolomics, Proteomics, Gene expression
- in vivo Characterisation
- Biodistribution, Hemocompatibility, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, Acute, Sub-acute & Repeated, Dose systemic toxicity, Reproductivity toxicity
- Manufacturing of liquid, semi-solid, solid nanoparticle formulations with a special focus on extended release parenterals, lipid based formulations and nanovesicles, liposomes, solid lipid nanoparticles, crystalline nanoparticles, polymeric nanoparticles, inorganic nanoparticles,. On-site lyophilization and fill and finish capabilities.
Application period: 10 October 2022 – 28 February 2023 (first stage)
How to apply
Any legal entity (SMEs, start up or RTOs) and research group, based in the European Union or associate countries of H2020 can apply to this call.
The Evaluation Committee will evaluate each proposal in three main criteria:
The applicants will be informed about the decision made by the Evaluation Committee by the end of 03.04.2023 via email. A Stage 2 detailed application must then be submitted by 30.04.2023. Awarded projects must be completed by February 2025.