Congratulations, Dr. Yajie Zhang! New ICMAB graduate!
The PhD Thesis Committee was formed by Antonio Villaverde Corrales, Institut de Biotecnologia i de Biomedicina, UAB (President), Aitziber López Cortajarena, CIC biomaGUNE (Secretary) and Dagmar Fischer, Friedrich Schiller Universitäty Jena, Germany (Vocal). Thank you to all three for accepting to evaluate the thesis.
- Why did you choose the ICMAB for your PhD?
ICMAB is a great institute in the area of materials science.
- How would you explain your research to a non-scientific audience?
My research will contribute to the healthcare of stroke patients in the future.
- What are the main applications of your research? Could you give us an example?
My research can be applied to nanomedicine, specifically the therapeutic protein delivery for stroke treatment.
- From the lessons learnt here, which one do you value the most?
I value all the lessons I learnt here, they furthered my understanding of materials science.
- What will you miss the most from ICMAB?
I will miss my supervisor, Anna Roig, the most.
- How do you think this experience will contribute to your training and to your future?
The excellent training experience I had here will gain me a bright future, and support my research in materials science.
- What are your plans once you finish your PhD?
I will go on my research and dedicate myself to the development of nanomedicine for stroke treatment.
- What do you wish you had known at the beginning of your PhD, that now you can recommend to the ones who are starting?
I have no regrets during my PhD, the recommendation to the starters is to enjoy the research.
- Why did you become a scientist? Which have been your role models?
I enjoy exploring the unknow. My supervisors are my role models.
- Which is your favourite female scientist?
My supervisor, Anna Roig, is my favorite female scientist.
- Describe in 3 keywords…
* Your research: Biomaterials, Nanomedicine, Drug delivery
* Barcelona: Sea, Mountain, Sky
* Your experience at ICMAB: Excellent, Wonderful, Comfortable
Thank you very much, Yajie! Good luck in your future endeavors!
Anna Rosell, Anna Roig and Yajie Zhang, after the PhD Thesis Defense.
- Hits: 151