Congratulations, Dr. Zhongrui Luo! Our most recent ICMAB graduate.
If you want to know more about Luo's experience during his PhD, continue reading:
- Why did you choose the ICMAB for your PhD?
My previous group members suggested me to come, and I decided to try it.
- How would you explain your research to a non-scientific audience?
A preliminary testing animal model is used for quick toxicity assessments of materials.
- What are the main applications of your research? Could you give us an example?
The main applications are the evaluation of the toxicity effects of small drug delivery carriers and agents for the imaging or photothermal therapy.
- From the lessons learnt here, which one do you value the most?
I value the most how to cooperate with others with different background knowledge
- What will you miss the most from ICMAB?
My groupmates from the Nanoparticles & Nanocomposites Group. We made a great team.
- How do you think this experience will contribute to your training and to your future?
To be positive and peaceful with whatever will happen in future.
- What are your plans once you finish your PhD?
Relax myself and try a new lifestyle.
- What do you wish you had known at the beginning of your PhD, that now you can recommend to the ones who are starting?
I would recommend them that: “Everything will be fine. You cannot have everything in your life.”
- Why did you become a scientist? Which have been your role models?
I planned to try a different lifestyle. My role model is my supervisor, Anna Laromaine.
- Which is your favorite female scientist?
My supervisor, Anna Laromaine, is my favourite female scientist.
- Describe in 3 keywords…
* Your research: Drug delivery, Food availability, C. elegans
* Barcelona: Party, Food, Wine
* Your experience at ICMAB: Fantastic, Colorful, Unique
Figure: Zhongrui Luo and the NN group
- Hits: 315