Each call will be directly launched by Obra Social “la Caixa”, who will be in charge of managing the selection process of the candidates. On the other hand the candidates, once granted a fellowship, will propose the center and research group that they would like to join, and with which they have previously had contact, to work on a research proposal agreed with the center.
Junior Leader “la Caixa” postdoctoral fellowship program
The postdoctoral fellowships programme, Junior Leader “la Caixa” , is aimed at hiring excellent researchers—of any nationality—who wish to continue their research career in Spanish or Portuguese territory. . Sponsored by Obra Social ”la Caixa”, the objectives of this programme are to foster high-quality, innovative research in Spain and to support the best scientific talents by providing them with an attractive, competitive environment in which to conduct excellent research.
The Junior Leader programme is divided into two different frames:
- “la Caixa” Junior Leader – Incoming: 22 postdoctoral fellowships for researchers of all nationalities. They will be offered a three-year employment contract to conduct a research project at accredited centres with the Severo Ochoa or María de Maeztu distinction of excellence, Institutos de Investigación Sanitaria Carlos IIII and units evaluated as excellent and exceptional by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia of Portugal. For Spanish institutions, candidates must have resided in Spain less than 12 months in the last three years while for Portuguese institutions, candidates must have resided in Portugal less than 12 months in the last three years.
- “la Caixa” Junior Leader – Retaining: 11 postdoctoral fellowships for researchers of all nationalities to carry out research at any university or research centre in Spain or Portugal. For Spanish institutions, candidates must have resided in Spain more than 12 months in the last three years while for Portuguese institutions, candidates must have resided in Portugal more than 12 months in the last three years.
By means of a complementary training programme, these fellowships are intended to consolidate research skills and to foster an independent scientific career as an option for the future.
- 12 July 2018: Starting date for the submission of applications.
- 26 September 2018: Deadline for applications.
- 20 December 2018: Announcement of shortlisted candidates.
- From 11 to 13 February 2019: Selection interviews in Barcelona.
- 26 February 2019: Publication of results of the selection process.
If you are interested in applying for a Junior Leader fellowship, please click on the button that you will find below to create your personal account and fill in the online application form.
The call for applications opens on the date it is published and closes on 26 September 2018 at 2:00 p.m. (Central European Time - CET).