Expoquimia 2021 is right around the corner! Join the event on 14-17 September
A crossover space between science and industry with a premium area for new materials, MAT 20-30.
Expoquimia is an International event that takes place in the Fira de Barcelona with the objective of strengthening the chemistry sector. The event was postponed in 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions but it will be celebrated this year on 14-17 September 2021.
This year’s edition includes a booth for the CSIC and the implication of many researchers from several different CSIC Research Institutes, including ICMAB, who will be present in the event. We will showcase some of our most recent technologies, such as:
- High resolution patterning in organic semiconductors
- Mimetic lymph nodes for immune cells culture
- New electrodes for calcium batteries
- A magnetic bendable data-storage device
- New dendrimer as contrast agent in magnetic resonance imaging
ICMAB Researcher Nora Ventosa, from the Molecular Nanoscience and Organic Materials (NANOMOL) Group, already joined the UNPRECEDENTED Industrial Dialogues, a series of Tech transfer Webinars that the event organized on June 2020 to make up for the lack of a live event that year. Nora Ventosa moderated a roundtable focused on “Creating tools to make innovation a reality. Science and Industry in Action”:
MAT 20-30, materializing challenges
Expoquimia 2021 introduces MAT 20-30, a new premium area for the exposition of the new materials being developed with applications that can aid in the achievement of some of the Sustainable Development Objectives set up in the Agenda 2030 by the United Nations. It includes 3 sections:
- Raw Materials, high-ranking assets the availability of which determines the whole chain of production. Includes new catalysts, raw nanomaterials, gases and critical raw materials.
- Green Chemistry, materials that minimize the generation of dangerous byproducts and the extraction of natural resources, through the use of harmless processes.
- Frontier Materials, synthesized functional materials that interact and interconnect to create faster and more efficient industrial development.
This event will be joined by the Cluster MAV (Materials Avançats de Catalunya), which ICMAB is member of.
Want to visit Expoquimia 2021?
If you are part of ICMAB, you can get a free accreditation to visit Expoquimia, as well as EQUIPLAST, an international Plastics and Rubber event, and EUROSURFAS, an event about Surface Treatment and Smart Surfaces. If you have any doubts or would like to know more, please contact our Technology Transfer Officer, Alfonso del Rey.