The aim of the summer school is to present the design, development and application of new materials for a wide range of energy applications. The school includes lectures from international and local scientists, hands on and management activities. As a consequence, this Scientific School is an optimal opportunity to discover, learn and practice on material science focusing on fundamental science and applied research in the field of energy.
The school is included in the Severo Ochoa activities of the center.
- Functional and advanced nanomaterials for a clean and sustainable energy production, conversion, storage and transport
- Materials for energy conversion: Photovoltaics, Thermoelectric materials
- Materials for energy storage: Next generation bateries, Supercapacitors
- Materials for energy transport: Superconducting materials
- Life Cycle Analysis of materials for energy
- Advanced characterization techniques of energy materials
A tentative program can be seen here.
The organization of the summer school is formed by researchers from the research lines devoted to clean and secure energy and superconducting materials, with the support of the Severo Ochoa Strategic Unit, the Communications & Outreach Officer and the Seminars & Training Committee: Maria Isabel Alonso, Mariano Campoy-Quiles, Nieves Casañ, Pep Fontcuberta, Alejandro Goñi, Ana M. López, M. Rosa Palacín, Anna Palau, Dino Tonti, Anna May Masnou, Riccardo Rurali, Montse Salas & Seminars and Training Committee.
Participants are welcome to present a poster and a flash presentation (maximum 2 minutes) of their research project, or to attend the summer school without presenting anything. Please indicate your preference in your application mail.
A maximum of 25 Posters and Flash presentation will be selected. Awards will be given for the best poster and flash presentations.
- Applications deadline: from 4 June to 6 July 2018
- Selected candidates will be notified on 20 July 2018
- School dates: 17-20 September 2018
- A CV, including contact details (maximum 2 pages)
- A motivation letter (1 page) describing background, research interests and motivation for attending the school.
- Include in the mail: your name, affiliation and contact email of one potential referee.
- Indicate your preference of participating in your email: poster, poster and flash presentation (2 minutes) or only attendance.
The school will be limited to a maximum of 60 students, selected on the basis of their CV and motivation letter. Priority will be for masters-level students and early PhD researchers. However, advanced undergraduate students and advanced PhD researchers are welcome to apply. The registration includes the school material, coffee breaks and lunches.
More information on the summer school website: https://congresses.icmab.es/matener2018/