ICMAB at ExpoMiner: The science talks and demos attracted more than 450 visitors
ICMAB participated on 10,11,12 November 2017 at ExpoMiner, the exhibition of minerals, fossils and jewelry, with some outreach talks given by four of our researchers, and science demos in our stand about superconducting materials, photovoltaic energy, batteries and graphene. According to ExpoMiner, which highlighted that the science talks and demos had been very popular among the visitors, all the talks and workshops of the exhibition attracted more than 450 visitors, which represented a 12.5 % increase respect to last year.
According to the president of ExpoMiner, Prof. "ad honorem" of ICMAB-CSIC, Carles Miravitlles, "we are very pleased with this year's edition, especially regarding the scientific outreach, given that we have filled in all the workshops and organized talks". On the other hand, the director of the event, Marta Serra, thanked "the trust of our exhibitors, that enables ExpoMiner to continue strengthening its leadership as one of the most important commercial event of the sector, both locally and nationally." This year, more than 100 companies were present at the event, which made increased the exhibition area by 6 % compared to the 2016 edition.
Some facts & figures of this year's edition:
- 12,084 visitors
- 113 exhibitors from 15 countries
- 598 m2 of exhibition
- +450 visitors at the talks and science demos
- 2,000 students
- +70 media impacts
From ICMAB, we are very happy with the activities organized by our enthusiastic researchers, and we would like to thank all our volunteers for preparing such nice science talks and demos, and for their excellent contributions! Good job!
- Stefania Sandoval and Gerard Tobias, for the graphene workshop and talk
- Júlia Jareño, Laia Soler, Artur Romanov, Juri Banchewski, Mar Tristany, Ferran Vallès and Susagna Ricart for the superconductivity workshop (levitating train) and talk
- Martí Gibert, Pau Molet, Enrique Pascual and Mariano Campoy-Quiles, for the photovoltaic energy workshop (the sustainability of photovoltaic energy) and talk
- Elena Marchante, Roberta Verrelli and Rosa Palacín, for the batteries workshop (making batteries with lemons) and talk
- Guillermo de Andrés, José Antonio Gómez and Anna May for the organization and dynamization of the stand
In November 2018, ExpoMiner will celebrate its 40th edition at the Montjuïc Exhibition Center in Fira de Barcelona.
- Hits: 2850