NALS 2020 will bring together academia and industrial researchers in materials science, chemistry, engineering, medicine, and biology, to establish synergies, strengthen initiated collaborations and create new ones.
NALS events are promoted by the NanoBioAp Cluster, which consists of more than 70 researchers from different Spanish Research Institutions. The NanoBioAp Cluster is chaired by Prof. Carmen Blanco and Prof. Montserrat Rivas, from Universidad de Oviedo (Spain). The first NALS meeting took place in Gijon (Spain) on December 2017 gathering 135 participants coming from 24 countries.
- Nanomaterials for therapy: optical/magnetic hyperthermia; drug delivery; tissue regeneration; gene and cell therapies.
- Nanomaterials for detection and diagnosis: magnetic resonance imaging; magnetic particle imaging; magneto-encephalography; magnetic, optic, electromagnetic, and electrochemical sensing actuators; magnetic cell/exosome/protein pre-concentration and isolation.
- Nanomaterials for environmental applications: water and air treatment, soil remediation.
- In silico testing: computer modelling of nanomaterials and their application in medicine and biology.
- Lab on-a-chip, and organ on-a-chip.
- Metrology and standardisation of nanomaterials.
- Synthesis, functionalization, bioconjugation, and surface engineering of nanomaterials.
- Biocompatibility and toxicity of nanomaterials.
- Nanomaterials for translational applications.
NALS 2020 will be held at: IMDEA Nanociencia, Faraday 9, 28049, Campus Universitario de Cantoblanco, Madrid (Spain). Conference room will be announce later.
The exciting and lively city of Madrid constitutes a vibrant venue to frame this event due to the excellent communications and leisure offer.
Deadline for abstract submission extended to 25 November 2019.
- Abstract Notification: 9 December 2019.
- Early Registration Deadline : 23 December 2019.
- NALS 2020 meeting: from 29 to 31 January 2020.