MSc in Advanced Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
University: Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
The master's degree in Advanced Nanoscience and Nanotechnology allows students to become familiar with the latest subjects, methodologies and facilities in research into Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, based on the knowledge previously acquired in the scientific and technological profile of the bachelor's degree.
The master's degree, consisting of 60 credits and with a duration of one year, is structured into three specialisations: Nanomaterials, Nanobiotechnology and Nanoelectronics. Lecturers are both from the UAB (Departments of Physics, Chemistry, Geology and Electronic Engineering) and from research institutes located on campus [Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC), National Microelectronics Centre (CNM-CSIC), ALBA Synchrotron]. Lectures take place on afternoons, except in very specific situations.
This concentration of nanotechnology research institutes and groups at the Bellaterra Campus is one of the strongest in Southern Europe, and has made it possible for the UAB to be officially recognised as a Campus of International Excellence in Nanoscience and Biotechnology.
The master's degree offers a wide range of dissertation projects (TFM) in each of its specialisations. A representative list with the main lines of research offered by the institutes and departments that may participate in this 2022/23 academic year can be consulted under the section: Study guides - Master's Degree Dissertation.
To provide students with advanced academic training and professional skills to develop new science and products in the areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
- Official Master (enables to continue with PhD)
- 60 ECTS (1 year). Compulsory attendance.
- Language: English (ECRF B2 or similar)
- Schedule: 3 to 7 pm (mostly)
- From bachelor’s in: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering and related areas.
Career options include basic research in academic institutions and research institute, applied research in highly technological sectors (chemistry, plastics, pharmaceuticals, biomedicine, electronics, etc.), technology-based entrepreneurship, etc.
- UAB Departments: Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Electrical Engineering. Biochemistry, Microbiology
- Catalan Institut of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2).
- Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC).
- Institute of Microelectronics of Barcelona (IMB – CNM - CSIC).
- ALBA synchrotron.
- Research Park at UAB.
ICMAB researchers involved
- José Luis García-Muñoz: Materials Characterization Techniques (Coordinator: Ignasi Mata Martínez)
- Martí Gich: Materials Characterization Techniques (Coordinator: Ignasi Mata Martínez)
- Ignasi Mata: Coordinator of the Module "Materials Characterization Techniques"
- Anna Palau: Advanced Physical Properties of Nanomaterials (Coordinator: Javier Rodríguez-Viejo)
- Alejandro Goñi: Advanced Physical Properties of Nanomaterials (Class: Optical Properties of Materials at the Nanoscale) (Coordinator: Javier Rodríguez-Viejo)
- Núria Aliaga: Nanochemistry: from small molecules to nanoporous materials (Class: Molecular Magnetism, Molecular Electronics and MOFs) (Coordinator: Jordi Hernando Campos)
- Albert Verdaguer: Nanobiotechnology and Coordinator of the Module on "Local Probe Microscopies"
- Esther Barrena: Local Probe Microscopies (Coordinator: Albert Verdaguer)
- Mariona Coll: Nanochemistry: from small molecules to nanoporous materials (Coordinator: Jordi Hernando Campos)
- Ana M. López Periago: Nanotechnology for Therapy and Remediation (Class: Biomaterials and tissue engineering) (Coordinator: Imma Ratera)
- Pablo Guardia: Nanotechnology for Therapy and Remediation (Coordinator: Imma Ratera)
- Anna Laromaine: Nanotechnology for Therapy and Remediation (Coordinator: Imma Ratera)
- Nora Ventosa: Nanotechnology for Therapy and Remediation (Coordinator: Imma Ratera)
- Imma Ratera: Coordinator of the Module on "Nanotechnology for Therapy and Remediation"
For more information about this MSc in Advanced Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, you can contact its cordinator,
- Hits: 905