Open 8th Call for Postdoctoral Fellowships "Science by Women"
The deadline is 30 September 2022 to apply for the 8th edition of this programme of the Women for Africa Foundation.
Women for Africa Foundation is launching the 8th call for fellowships of the program Science by Women, aimed at selecting 22 senior African women scientists to be integrated in 21 top research Spanish centers in the following areas: health and biomedicine, agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change.
So far more than 100 fellows have enjoyed six-month research stays which have contributed to enhance their leadership in scientific research and technology transfer.
You can find the presentation as well as the rules and guidelines here.
The programme´s ultimate goal is to enable African women researchers to play a leading role in the transition of Africa to a knowledge-based and innovation-led economy through research that can be transferred into products, processes, services and technologies having impact on people´s lives.
To achieve this ambitious goal, FMxA collaborates with the Spanish Centres of Excellence, whose prestige is unanimously recognized throughout Spain and internationally, thereby ensuring excellence in scientific research in various fields.
ICMAB, CSIC is one of the research centers involved in this project. We hosted this year Assumpta Chinwe Nwanya, from Nigeria, in the framework of this project. You can read about her experience in our website. We are open to new applications for this and further calls.
All the associated research centres for this 8th edition are:
- BioCruces Bizkaia Health Research Institute (BC)
- Deusto Institute of Technology (DeustoTech)
- Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC)
- Vall d´Hebron Institut de Recerca (VHIR)
- Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)
- Basque Center for Macromolecular Design and Engineering POLYMAT Fundazioa
- The Basque Center for Applied Mathematics – BCAM
- PLOCAN (Oceanic Platform of the Canary Islands)
- IAC (Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias)
- Biomedical and Health Research Institute (IUIBS)
- Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona – ICMAB
- Spanish National Center of Biotechnology (CNB)
- Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO)
- Institute of Mathematical Sciences (ICMAT)
- Centre for Genomics Regulation (CRG)
- Spanish National Center for Cardiovascular Research (CNIC)
- The Institute of Environmental Science and Technology at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (ICTA -UAB)
- Institute for Neuroscience (IN)
- Material Physics Center – (MPC-CFM)
Each of these centres will host 1 senior woman researcher (ISCIII will host 2) with at least three years of post-doctoral experience for a six-month fellowship.
Applications will be subjected to a rigorous selection process, evaluating the academic merits and leadership of the applicants as well as the scientific quality and expected impact of their research projects. Selected candidates will receive training and integration in a dynamic, multidisciplinary and highly competitive working team, where they will be able to develop their research projects and acquire complementary skills, empowering them to transfer their research results into tangible economic and social benefits.
The Women for Africa Foundation is a private entity aimed at contributing to the sustainable development of Africa through the drive of its women.
For further information:
- "The outcome of my research at ICMAB can be applied in my country, Nigeria" (ICMAB, 21 Jul 2022)
- ICMAB joins the 7th edition of the Science by Women programme (ICMAB, 22 Sep 2021)
- ICMAB debuts in the "Science by Women" program in its 7th edition (ICMAB, 23 Mar 2022)
- ICMAB will be part of the programme "Science by Women" of the Women for Africa Foundation (ICMAB, 2 Oct 2020)