The IT Service manages all the computer systems, the data network, internal software and the digital presence of the ICMAB, placing them at the service for the researchers and management staff.
The objectives of the IT Service are:
- To define the general action plans in the field of IT and communications at the ICMAB
- To ensure that the Institute has the necessary tools for its computing development
- To define, install and maintain the computer systems hosted by the ICMAB and the data network
- To define, install and distribute the specific software for management
- To coordinate the functionally of the Distributed Computing Services
- To ensure the reliability, integrity, and security of the data, systems and communications.
The Senior position will cover transversal IT tasks like communication networks, security, and computer systems, specific software management and support for users in accessing all IT resources. The position includes the option of work from home for more than 20% of the hours, according to the CSIC work calendar (SEGE 08/04/2022).
- Senior IT, Subgroup A1 – A2
- Level 24
- Body Affiliation EX27
- Specific complement 10018.96
- State Administration
You can check all the rellevant information here.
How to apply
The recruitment process will be closed when a suitable candidate is found.
The Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC) is a multidisciplinary research center focused on cutting-edge research in functional advanced materials in the fields of ENERGY, ELECTRONICS, NANOMEDICINE and application fields yet to imagine.
The ICMAB is integrated within the Barcelona Nanocluster in Bellaterra (BNC-b), a research network that includes the UAB, the CSIC (ICMAB, IMB-CNM and ICN2) and IRTA, part of the UAB Research Park of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (PRUAB) and the ALBA Synchrotron. The BNC-b aims to share advanced scientific equipment and promote and disseminate nanoscience and nanotechnology.
The ICMAB offers a complete range of scientific services, including a 10,000 class cleanroom (the Nanoquim Platform) that are open to interested parties, whether these are academic or from industry, and it participates in all kinds of educational and promotional activities. Many ICMAB researchers teach at the UAB Master's degree in Nanotechnology and Materials Science and also on the UAB degree on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.