The Soft Materials service is a scientific-technical service with extensive experience in the preparation and characterization of soft molecular materials. These include polymeric materials and composites, powdered substances of controlled size and morphology, suspended materials, or vesicular systems for controlled drug release, among others. The service has two types of clearly differentiated areas :
- Preparation and processing of soft materials: Specialized in the synthesis of materials molecular (vesicular systems, aerogels, micro and polymeric nanoparticles ...) by means of preparation processes in which high pressure compressed fluids are used.
- Characterization of soft materials: Analysis of physicochemical properties (size distribution, concentration, surface load, degree of compaction ...) of particulate matter in powder and in suspension.
As a service, we support not only ICMAB research groups, but also other entities both public and private, helping to increase the added value of their products. We also belong to the ICTS (Singular Scientific-Technical Infrastructure) NANBIOSIS, specifically the U6. Biomaterial Processing and Nanostructuring Unit. Our facilities are are in the research park of the UAB (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona).
- Physicochemical analysis and characterization of particulate matter in powder and suspension.
- Preparation and processing of particulate matter, colloidal and other soft materials, especially using high pressure techniques.
- Extension and maintenance of an ISO 9001-2015 quality system.
- Orders of products and small equipments.
- Contact suppliers and review of basic laboratory stock.
- Calibration of small basic laboratory equipment.
- General organization of the laboratory and ensuring its proper functioning.
- Qualification: Vocational Training Technician or Higher Degree Training Cycles, specialty Chemistry or similar.
- Requested experience: Previous experience in chemical laboratory work will be valued, particularly experience and knowledge in quality systems.
- An organized, proactive person with a good predisposition to teamwork.
- Knowledge of laboratory management, calibration, monitoring of equipment and material consumables inventory and protocol development.
- Good skills in the maintenance and repair of materials and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of English and computer science at user level.
- Gross annual salary in the rank of laboratory assistant established by the CSIC.
- Start of contract: as soon as possible.
How to apply
- Brief cover letter including the applicant's experience.
- List of references with contact details.
Deadline for applications: The recruitment process will close when an appropriate candidate is found.
The Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC) is a multidisciplinary research center focused on cutting-edge research in functional advanced materials in the fields of ENERGY, ELECTRONICS, NANOMEDICINE and application fields yet to imagine.
The ICMAB is integrated within the Barcelona Nanocluster in Bellaterra (BNC-b), a research network that includes the UAB, the CSIC (ICMAB, IMB-CNM and ICN2) and IRTA, part of the UAB Research Park of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (PRUAB) and the ALBA Synchrotron. The BNC-b aims to share advanced scientific equipment and promote and disseminate nanoscience and nanotechnology.
The ICMAB offers a complete range of scientific services, including a 10,000 class cleanroom (the Nanoquim Platform) that are open to interested parties, whether these are academic or from industry, and it participates in all kinds of educational and promotional activities. Many ICMAB researchers teach at the UAB Master's degree in Nanotechnology and Materials Science and also on the UAB degree on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.