We celebrate proactive and dynamic people, and we are always open to new ideas.
The tasks of the Project Manager include but are not restricted to, the following.
Management of the MSCA-COFUND doctoral programme DOCFAM+:
- Launch of the call for recruiting fellows: communication (events, infodays, publicity campaign), preparation of necessary documents (guides for applicants, info packages, FAQs, guides for evaluators…), eligibility check and coordination of the external evaluation process and interviews.
- Support doctoral candidates in the implementation of their projects and follow-up. Coordination of the training programme development: workshops, industry days, interdisciplinary training, etc..
- Project Communication: website, social media, events, fellows’ communication activities.
- Management of the project: Monitoring, interaction with partners, deliverables, technical and financial reports, communication with the Project Officer of the European Commission
Scientific Project Management
- Provide professional guidance and support in preparing R&D&I proposals to competitive calls from relevant funders
- Promote and submit competitive projects for regional, national and international funding.
- Monitor of ICMAB projects: acceptance process, administrative, financial and legal reviews. Liaison with different departments and agents in order to comply with project duties and responsibilities.
- Proven experience as Scientific Project manager
- University degree or Master/Postgraduate
- Full command (advanced level) of English, Spanish. Knowledge of any other European language(s) will be an added value.
- Practical experience in different aspects of the project management is desirable: monitoring and control of the project implementation, financial and legal aspects, deliverables, milestones, meeting organisation, internal and external communication etc..
- Knowledge in the management of MSCA and/or H2020/Horizon Europe projects will be a plus.
What we offer
- Indefinite contract (with 6 months probationary period) with funding secured for more than 5 years.
- Full-time position
- Salary according to qualifications and experience following CSIC rules.
- Balance of work and personal life: Partial remote working, flexible timetable, 22 days of holidays plus 6/7 days for personal issues.
- ICMAB is one of the top research institutions in Spain (Severo Ochoa seal of excellence) with an excellent environment between workers.
- ICMAB is located in the UAB Campus, with: public transportation to Barcelona and nearby cities and car parking spots; green areas (also ICMAB has a nice terrace); broad offer of cafeterias and canteens; Gym installations with discounts for UAB campus people, etc. (Check here)
- Career development: great offer of training opportunities and individual plan + follow-up with supervisor.
- Incorporation: Immediate
The Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC) is a multidisciplinary research center focused on cutting-edge research in functional advanced materials in the fields of ENERGY, ELECTRONICS, NANOMEDICINE and application fields yet to imagine.
The ICMAB became a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence in 2016, becoming one of the top research centers in Spain in Materials Science, and renewed the seal of excellence in 2020. One of the general objectives of the FUNFUTURE Severo Ochoa project is: Improving the training and recruiting activities of ICMAB to attract the best talent. In order to achieve that, a Talent Development Officer is required.
How to apply
- Detailed CV, including a list of references with contact details
- Cover letter (max 300-400 words) with: self introduction, experience related to the job offer details, your goals in this position.
E-mail subject: Project manager ICMAB – ‘your name’
Closing date: 14 November 2022
As part of our values, we are committed to supporting inclusion and diversity. We actively celebrate colleagues’ different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.