Eduardo Pérez del Río achieved his degree in Chemical Engineering in the University of Valladolid in June 2014, after doing an ERASMUS year in the University of Birmingham (2013-14). After that he carried out a Master degree in Biomedical Research in the University of Valladolid, where he started his PhD formation in the field of Biomedicine. During the academic curse 2015-16 he was a member of the research group named BIOFORGE in the University of Valladolid, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Physiology, synthetizing and characterizing elastin like recombinamers (ELRs).
In September 2016 he started his PhD in “Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine”, in the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Department of Molecular Nanoscience and Organic Materials (NANOMOL) at ICMAB, under the supervision of Dr. Immaculada Ratera Bastardas.
My research work consist is part of the “Biomimetic Lymph Nodes for Cancer Immunoptherapy” (Immuno Dynamics) project, which intends to improve the current T cell expansion and differentiation methodologies to facilitate the translation of emerging adoptive T cell therapies into the clinics. The Antigen-presenting cells, or APCs, are considered the main responsible for T cell activation in vivo, which takes place in the secondary lymphoid organs, mainly lymph nodes (LNs). In my research I work in the design and study of biomimetic LNs to understand the fundamental mechanisms that control the interaction of APCs, T cells and LNs and eventually enable its translational capacity in the field of cancer immunotherapy.
· Master Degree in Biomedical Research. Academic course 2014-2015. University of Valladolid, Medicine Faculty and IBGM
· Chemical Engineering. From September 2009 to June 2014.
University of Birmingham (England): September 2013 - June 2014.
University of Valladolid. September 2009 - Junie 2013.
· Academic course 2016-2017, first year PhD student of in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine in the Autonomous University of Barcelona, Department of Molecular Nanoscience and Organic Materials.
· Academic course 2015-2016, first year PhD student of in Biomedical Research in the University of Valladolid, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Physiology.
2017-2021."Severo Ochoa” Pre-doctoral contract for the formation of doctors. Ministry of economy industry and competitiveness. Spain Government.
2014-2015. Collaboration fellowship. Ministry of Education. Spain Government
· Advanced systems for controlled drug delivery from chemically modified Elastin-like Recombinamers. Authors: Mercedes Santos, Constancio González-Obeso, Doriana Orbanic, Eduardo Pérez del Río y F. Javier Arias.
· Oral Communication entitled ‘Applications of Elastin like recombinamers for the formation of hydrogels and therapeutic nanoparticles’. Authors: Eduardo Pérez del Río, Arturo Ibáñez Fonseca, Alessandra Girotti, y Francisco Javier Arias Vallejo. BIOIberoamérica 2016. 5th to 8 th of June in Salamanca. SEBiot (Sociedad Española de Biotecnología). BIOTEC 2016.