The ICMAB-CSIC within the Severo Ochoa programme offers a PhD position devoted to the development of a cost-effective innovative Zn/air battery.
The successful candidate will
- Develop graphene nanohybrids and solutions of electroactive materials
- Investigate materials and interfaces using microscopic, spectroscopic and electrochemical techniques.
- Develop, model and test flow cells based on the electrochemistry of these materials.
- A full-time 36 months contract. The starting date will be in January 2017.
- The gross salary will be 25 300 euro per year.
- Financial support for research, publishing and presenting results at leading international conferences.
- Required: MSc or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Nanotechnology, Electrical/Chemical engineering or Materials Science.
- Valuable: Experience with electrodeposition, electrochemical energy storage, electrochemistry, colloidal nanoparticles.
- Valuable: Effective oral and written communication skills. Fluency and clarity in English. Strong academic record.
Applications should include Full CV and be sent before November 10, 2016.