PhD Thesis Defense by Núria Bagués on 6th June at 11:30 am
Title: "Atomic and electronic structure of self-organized defects in epitaxial films of functional perovskite-type oxides"
Date: Tuesday 6th June
Time: 11:30 am
Place: ICN2 - Seminar Room
This thesis focuses on the characterization of the atomic and chemical structure of the interface and self-organized defects of epitaxial films and functional nanostructures of oxide materials by using advanced transmission electron microscopy. The materials studied in this work may be regarded as nanostructured films resulting from the self-organization of misfit relieving defects as follows: nanoinclusions of a MnOx phase (volume defects) in LaMnO3; twin walls between twin domains (planar defects) in La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 on SrTiO3; and misfit dislocations (line defects) in La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 on LaAlO3. The results and main conclusions obtained in this work open new perspectives for the development of functional self-organized nanostructures based on strain relieving defects.
- Dr. Felip Sandiumenge Ortíz, ACNM, ICMAB
- Dr. José Santiso López, Nanomaterials Growth Division, ICN2
- President: Etienne Snoeck, CEMES-CNRS, France
- Secretary: Gervasi Herranz Casabona, ICMAB, Spain
- Vocal: Maria Varela del Arco, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM), Spain
- Hits: 2673