San Sebastian, 13-15 Feb 2019: nanoGUNE Winter School 2019
The nanoGUNE Winter School 2019 will be held in the nanoGUNE facilities in San Sebastian (Spain), from Wednesday 13 to Friday 15 February 2019. The event is primarily aimed at undergraduate and master students of physics, chemistry, biology and engineering. The School will include a combination of academic lectures, soft skills training sessions and hands-on lab practices.
REGISTRATION AND KEY DATES
The registration is now open: https://www.nanogune.eu/nws19
We will accept applicants until 15 November 2018.The applications received will be then evaluated and the results will be communicated no later than 15 December to all applicants.
- Fields: physics, chemistry, biology and engineering
- Last or penultimate year undergraduate degree students
- Master students
We are looking for highly motivated undergraduate or master students that are considering the possibility of pursuing their training with a PhD degree.
The maximum number of participants will be limited to 30 students.
GRANTS: WHAT IS INCLUDED?
NanoGUNE will offer grants to cover all the main expenses of the winter school to all the selected students:
- Grants to cover travel expenses
- Lunch and coffee-breaks
- Accommodation in shared rooms will be arranged
The program will combine scientific lectures, transversal sessions and hands-on lab practices in small groups, as well as social activities. The specific session and agenda will be announced later on, but the sessions will cover the following or similar topics:TRANSVERSAL SESSIONS
- Introduction to nanoscience
- Time management
- Working in Science / Career path in Science
- Scientific Publications and the Web of Science
- Fundamentals of nanoscience and quantum effects in the nanoscale
- Interface between biology - nanoscience - nanotechnology
- Cleanroom nanofabrication
- Organic electronics
- Electrospinning of nanofibers
- Deposition of thin films and characterization
- Low-temperature STM
- Computer simulations
- Electron Microscopy
- Dinner in a cider house (Sagardotegi)
|SCIENTIFIC COORDINATORS: Felix Casanova & Luis Hueso|
|TECHNICAL COORDINATORS: Julene Lure & Itziar Otegui|
- Hits: 1571