The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing several activities and actions, ensuring high quality and efficiency, including:
- Defining and implementing the talent attraction strategy for promising and excellent researchers. Advise and provide support to competitive attraction calls.
- Supporting PhD candidates and postdocs in the preparation of their career development plans.
- Implement a Training plan for ICMAB personnel, by analysing the needs and improvements of the current programme.
- Participate in the ICMAB Welcome and engagement programme: organization of activities and optimization of the protocols.
- Boost the ICMAB Alumni network and the ICMAB Mentoring programme.
- Take part in scientific Talent events, fairs and gatherings
- Proven experience as Talent officer (recruitment and talent development tasks), mainly in an academic scientific environment.
- Experience in the HR unit in research or scientific organization will be a plus.
- University degree or Master/Postgraduate in Science or Human Resources preferably (although other degrees will be considered)
- Full command (advanced level) of English and Spanish, any other European languages desirable.
- Practical experience in different aspects of the training & development: induction; performance appraisal; building effective teams, coaching; training events organisation etc. is desirable.
- Knowledge in the use of social media and job boards/events is desirable.
What we offer
- Indefinite contract (with 6 months probationary period) with funding secured for more than 2 years and possibilities to become permanent contract.
- Full-time position
- Salary according to qualifications and experience following CSIC scales.
- Balance of work and personal life: Partial remote working, flexible timetable, 22 days of holidays plus 6/7 days for personal matters.
- ICMAB is one of the top research institutions in Spain (Severo Ochoa seal of excellence) with an excellent environment between workers.
- ICMAB is located in the UAB Campus, with: cycle lanes to nearby towns and cycle parking, public transportation to Barcelona and nearby cities and car parking spots; green areas (also ICMAB has a nice terrace); broad offer of cafeterias and canteens; Gym installations with discounts for UAB campus people, etc. (https://www.uab.cat/web/life-on-campus/services-1345666366658.html)
- Career development: great offer of training opportunities and individual plan + follow-up with supervisor.
- Incorporation: Early 2024
How to apply
- Detailed CV, including a list of references with contact details
- Cover letter (max 300-400 words) with: self-introduction, experience related to the job offer details, your goals in this position.
E-mail subject: Talent Officer – ‘your name’
Closing date: 31st January 2024 or until a successful candidate is found
As part of our values, we are committed to supporting inclusion and diversity. We actively celebrate colleagues’ different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.
The Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC) is a multidisciplinary research centre focused on cutting-edge research in functional advanced materials in the fields of ENERGY, ELECTRONICS, NANOMEDICINE and application fields yet to imagine.
The ICMAB became a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence in 2016, as one of the top research centres in Spain in Materials Science, and renewed the seal of excellence in 2020. One of the general objectives of the Institute is to improve our training and recruiting activities and to attract the best talent. In order to achieve that, a Talent Officer is required.
The diversity of our people and the interdisciplinary research fields related to Materials Science ensures an enriching and inspiring working environment. If you are an enthusiastic and highly motivated person and would like to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, join us!