The European Conferences on Boron Chemistry (EuroBoron) held every three years represents a forum where all aspects of boron chemistry are discussed by scientists, both professionals and students. Previous EuroBoron meetings were successfully held in 1997 at Platja d’Aro (Spain), in 2001 at Dinard (France), in 2004 at Pruhonice (Czech Republic), in 2007 at Bremen (Germany), in 2010 at Edinburgh (UK), in 2013 at Radziejowice (Poland) and in 2016 at Suzdal (Russia).
In 2019 the conference has been in Montpellier (France), and they announced that the next edition, in 2022, will be in Barcelona! Rosario Núñez and Jose Giner, from the Inorganic Materials and Catalysis Lab (LMI) have some work ahead!
Participants of the EuroBoron8 in Montpellier
In this year's edition, many ICMAB researchers working on boron-based chemistry presented their work:
- Rosario NÚÑEZ: Designing boron clusters-containing molecules for optical and biologicalapplications
- José G. PLANAS, F. TAN, L. GAN, M.Y. TSANG, F. TEIXIDOR, C. VIÑAS: Carborane-based Linkers for MOFs: A new generation of flexible and water stable materials
- Francesc TEIXIDOR, I. FUENTES, A. SAHA, C. VIÑAS: Electric and magnetic materials with Metallacarboranes
- Clara VIÑAS, E. OLESHKEVICH, I. FUENTES, F. TEIXIDOR: Metallacarboranes on the Road to Anticancer Therapies
- Zsolt KELEMEN, F.TEIXIDOR, C.VINAS: Dense antipodal binding site polysubstitution of o-carborane–opening new possibilities for spherical close packing, fluorescence and new polymer materials
See the detailed program here!
Rosario Núñez during her talk at EuroBoron8