The return of the JPhD meeting (on 25-26 November 2021)
On 25-26 November 2021, the 6th Scientific Meeting of PhD Students (JPhD2021), organized by PhD fellows of the ICMAB, IMB-CNM, ICN2 and the UAB takes place! This new edition will be HYBRID, representing a new and added challenge for the organizers and speakers.
The JPhD2021 includes lectures from international and local professionals, presentations from fellow PhD researchers, a poster session and interesting hands-on tutorial workshops. The conference is a great opportunity to practice communication skills, discover different research fields, and connect with PhD colleagues across the UAB campus.
During two days, 8 invited speakers and over 100 participants will be connected and will be sharing their research in amazing fields. Good luck!
Invited speakers at the JPhD2021
This year, the 4 invited speakers are the following:
- Prof. Xavier Obradors, ICMAB-CSIC Director, who will give the invited lecture on "Clean Energy Transition: what can we expect from superconductivity?"
- Dr. Laura Soucek, Models of Cancer Therapies Laboratory at the Vall d'Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), will give the invited lecture on "Challenges and opportunities for a MYC inhibitor in cancer treatment"
- Dr. Montse Pont, ALBA Synchrotron, will give the invited talk on the new "ALBA II, the upgrade project of the ALBA Synchrotron"
- Prof. César de la Fuente, University of Pennsylvania, will give the invited lecture on "Machine biology for infectious diseases"
For the Rountable on "Diversity in STEM disciplines", the following experts are invited:
- Dr. Clara Barker, Centre for Applied Superconductivity at Oxford
- Dr. Carmen Botella, School of Engineering of the Universitat de València
- Prof. Xavier Roqué, IHC, UAB
- Prof. Gemma Garcia, UAB/AMIT
The conference also counts with 2 workshops:
For the workshop on "Scientific Communication" we will count with:
- Dr. Salvador Ferré Benedicto, Eduscopi - Universitat de Vic (UVic)
There will be a workshop on "Welcome to the nanolaboratory" with:
Oral talks and poster session by PhD researchers
The meeting counts with 4 sessions of oral talks, where 27 PhD participants will explain their research in 12 minutes, and 1 poster session, where 23 participants will showcase their research with a poster. The oral sessions are the following:
- Session A: Bioapplications
- Session B: Synthesis and Characterization
- Session C: Nanofabrication
- Session D: Energy and Environment
Moreover, apart from the 50 participants that will present their research, 53 more participants have registered to attend the meeting!
The meeting will take place in a hybrid format from the ICMAB Seminar Hall "Carles Miravitlles" and by Zoom. Check out the final PROGRAMME here, with details about the topics and schedule.
You will find further information on the conference’s JPhD2021 website and you can follow the conference via Twitter (@JPhD2021) and Instagram (@jphd_2021).
The Organizing Committee has done a great job putting the conference together! Congratulations to you all!
- From the ICMAB: Teresa Cardona, Aida Carreño, José Catalán, Marc Domingo, Aiswarya Kethamkuzhi, Naureen Khanam, Nanthilde Malandain
- From the IMB-CNM: Sofia Aslanidou
- From the ICN2: Jose María Castillo
If you would like to attend some of the sessions send an email to