The Master in Health and Science Management covers the different aspects of being a Scientific Project Manager, and it is thought for Bachelor students, PhDs, Postdocs and anyone who want to develop their careers in research/science, but not from a researcher perspective.
At ICMAB we participate in the Master: one of the students will perform the internship with us, and Laura Cabana, from the Strategic Projects Unit, will be part of the informative session and will participate in the Master's classes, among other skilled professors from other institutions on scientific management, communication, strategic vision or leadership.
The master students' will be able to perform internships in different research institutions —renowned at a national and international level—. In addition, students will be supported by a wide range of online resources, personalized mentorship sessions, as well as library and meeting rooms to perform group assignments.
Details of the informative session
Day:Tuesday 28 March
Time:1-2 PM CET
Location:Sala de Graus II – Facultat de Biociències UAB
About the Master
The master's academic program has been designed to fully prepare students to accomplish all the aspects related to the management of scientific research. Through a series of core courses, participants will learn and develop all the integral and transversal competencies of a scientific manager, including strategic planning, communication skills and leadership abilities to facilitate a successful transition into the professional world.
- Give students a broad and multidisciplinary view to develop a solid basis of scientific management
- Train students in the use of advanced tools and skills to support continuous improvement and career development in health & science management
- Help students develop critical and strategic thinking and acquire leadership abilities
- Offer students hands-on scientific management experience through our internship program at partner research institutions
- Scientific/ strategy manager
- Expert in project management
- Technology transfer manager
- Scientific strategic departments
- Expert in scientific communication/dissemination
- Scientific management units at biotech companies
More information on the master's website