The project “BRIDG3D: Imprimiendo puentes en 3D” brings ICMAB to the final of "Ciencia en Acción"
We are very happy to announce that Andrés Gómez and Guillermo de Andrés have been selected as finalists with their project “BRIDG3D: Imprimiendo puentes en 3D” in the XVIII Edition of "Cienca en Acción" in the category "Science and Technology". The FINAL will take place in Izarra Centre in Ermua (Vizcaya, Basque Country) from 6 to 8 October 2017.
Andrés Gómez and Guillermo de Andrés have brought this science outreach project already to different scientific fairs and events. This year they were at the Youth Mobile Festival (YoMo) in February/March, at the Barcelona Maker Faire in June, and in a smaller format at the Pint of Science Festival in May, and at the "Saló de l'Ensenyament" in March. In all the events the activity is received with great enthusiasm.
We wish them good luck for the FINAL contest in October!
The main goal of "Cienca en Acción" program is to bring science and technology to the general public. The objectives of the program are:
- Find innovative ideas to make science more appealing to citizens.
- Emphasize the international character of science.
- Contribute to create a scientific contacts and science outreach material network within the European framework.
- Make useful and high-quality educational materials (texts, images, videos, etc.) that help to complement the curricular contents for the different educational levels.
- Encourage educators to take an active interest in science to reach students in classrooms.
- Involve researchers in science outreach activities.
- Increase the scientific culture of the citizenship.
- Show the importance of science for the progress of society and the welfare of citizens.
The participants of "Cienca en Acción" are mainly primary and secondary teachers, students, researcers, scientific communicators... of universitires, research centers, schools, science museums, or other organisms related to science. In fact, anyone interested in teaching and disseminating science of any Spanish or Portuguese speaking country can participate!
"Cienca en Acción" is organized by many institutions: Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), Fundación Lilly (FL), Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas (ICMAT), Real Sociedad Española de Física (RSEF), Real Sociedad Española de Química (RSEQ), Sociedad Española de Astronomía (SEA), Sociedad Española de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular (SEBBM), Sociedad Geológica de España (SGE), and Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED). The program receives founding from the FECYT program, the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology.
- Hits: 3097