The SAB is composed of 12 worldwide scientific experts in the areas of the targeted research of our Severo Ochoa project: Smart Functional Materials for a Better Future (FUNFUTURE) in the areas of Clean Energy, Sustainable Electronics and Smart Nanomedicine.
The ICMAB renewed the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence certificate on 2020 for four more years (2020-2023). M. Rosa Palacín, ICMAB Vice-Director and IP of the new Severo Ochoa project will talk about the context, strategy and progress of ICMAB in 2021.
This year, the SAB Meeting will evaluate two of our Research Lines: RL4 (Tuneable and Low Cost Molecular Electronics) and RL5 (Bioactive Materials for Therapy and Diagnosis). The coordinators of all 5 Research Line will present the main highlights of each line, and some selected researchers will present in 15-min talks more in detail some of the most relevant highlights of the two evaluated lines (RL4 and RL5).
The SAB members will also have the opportunity to meet with some of our new incorporations, either PhD, postdoc and tenured scientists, and with ICMAB Director Xavier Obradors.
RL4: Tuneable and Low Cost Molecular Electronics
Coordinator: Marta Mas-Torrent
Highlights presented by:
- Núria Aliaga (FunNanoSurf Group): CCMoids for Single-molecule electronic transport using graphene-based three-terminal devices
- Esther Barrena (SURFACES Group): A nanoscale insight of doped organic interfaces
- Marta Mas-Torrent (e-MolMat Group): Solution processing of organic semiconductors for achieving reliable field-effect transistors for sensing applications
RL5: Bioactive Materials for Therapy and Diagnosis
Coordinator: Imma Ratera
Highlights presented by:
- Anna Roig (NN Group): Biomaterials and nanomedicine: Bacterial nanocellulose for healthcare uses and endovascular brain delivery of nanocarriers
- Nora Ventosa (Nanomol-Bio Group): Chemistry, processing and control of nanovesicular formulations for biomedical applications
- Jordi Faraudo (Softmatter Group): Biomaterials simulation in pandemic times
- Nieves Casañ (SSC Group): Direct contact and wireless electrostimulation. Electrodes, EF protocols and materials for neural repair
Scientific Adivosory Board (SAB) members:
- Christiansen, Silke - Fraunhofer Institute for Ceramic Technologies and Systems IKTS (Germany)
- Couvreur, Patrick - Université Paris-Saclay (France)
- Gross, Rudolf - Technische Universität München, Physik Department (Germany)
- Larbalestier, David - Applied Superconductivity Center, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory (USA)
- Liz-Marzan, Luis - CIC biomaGUNE (Spain)
- MacManus-Driscoll, Judith - University of Cambridge, Department of Materials Science & Metallurgy (UK)
- Prato, Maurizio - Università degli Studi di Trieste (Italy) and CIC biomaGUNE (Spain)
- Reichmanis, Elsa - Lehigh University. P.C. Rossin College of Enginnering and Applied Science (USA)
- Stingelin, Natalie - Giorgia Tech School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (USA)
- Tarascon, Jean-Marie - Collège de France, Chimie du solide et de l'énergie (France)
- Tosatti, Erio - Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA) - Condensed Matter Theory (Italy)
- Trolier-McKinstry, Susan - Penn State - Materials Research Institute (USA)
All the ICMABers are welcome to attend the meeting, which will be on 2 and 3 December 2021.
The meeting will take place at the ICMAB Seminar Room "Sala d'Actes Carles Miravitlles" and also will be transmitted online by Zoom.