I got a degree on Physics (1999) at UB and Materials Science Engineering at UPC (2000). I received a PhD on Materials Science in 2005 at ICMAB-CSIC. My PhD was focused on the study of transport properties and granularity effects in superconducting coated conductors for power applications. During may postdoc (2005-2007), as a Research associate at the Device Materials Group of University of Cambridge (U.K), I extended my expertise in thin film growth, 3D nano-lithography, advanced transport characterization and vortex physics. Since 2007 I’m a Tenured Researcher at ICMAB-CSIC leading the research activity on superconducting materials and hybrid systems for energy efficient Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
My research interest is focused on the study of functional materials, including strongly correlated oxides, structured superconductors and hybrid systems, both from a fundamental point of view of the physical phenomena that define their properties, as well as their possible applications. My research activity is devoted to explore the opportunities that materials science, combined with the use of advanced nano-fabrication technologies, can offer to the development of novel systems with advanced functionalities which may contribute to the development of efficient and sustainable ICT.
- Sergio Herce (Master Student)
- Pau Ternero (Master Student)
- Mireia Berbel (Undergraduated Student)
- Joan Mora (Undergraduated Student)
- Sergio Herce (Undergraduated Student)
- Anna Solé (Undergraduated Student)
- Xavier Marcó (Undergraduated Student)
- Alba Martos (Undergraduated Student)
- Pau Ternero (Undergraduated Student)
- Xavi Oliver (Undergraduated Student)
- Mercè Roig (Undergraduated Student)
- Josep Maria Batllori (Undergraduated Student)
- Anna Maria Riera (Undergraduated Student)
Dissemination and Outreach
Magnetic Metasurfaces for sustainable Information and Communication technologies
Our project introduces a novel and ground-breaking approach targeting the conception, design, development, and implementation of magnetic metasurfaces for controlling lowfrequency magnetic fields at the meso/microscale.
Carrer Til.lers, 3
08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona
+34 935 801 853