Two students engaged in cutting-edge research projects at ICMAB through the "Joves i Ciència" Programme
This July, the ICMAB hosted two participants from the "Joves i Ciència" programme by Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera. The students had the opportunity to collaborate with our researchers on projects involving laser manufacturing for supercapacitors and hydrogels for cancer immunotherapy.
Within the framework of Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera's "Joves i Ciència" programme, two students had the opportunity to participate in a scientific research project conducted by one of the research groups at ICMAB. At the conclusion of their research stay, the students presented their final projects on 28 July 2023.
- Project: Desenvolupament de tumoroides derivats de pacients oncològics mitjançant hidrogels sintètics (Development of tumoroids derived from cancer patients using synthetic hydrogels)
- Research group: Nanomol-Bio, Max Planck Partner Group “Dynamic Biomimetics for Cancer Immunotherapy”
- ICMAB supervisor: Judith Guasch
"What I enjoyed the most about this month at ICMAB was the working environment. Although I am very grateful to have access to the centre's facilities and to learn about the Nanomol-Bio group's projects, what I liked the most was feeling part of the research group: the feeling of being welcomed and integrated," said Emma about her experience. "I am very grateful for having had the opportunity to acquire knowledge of the project in which I participated and for having been able to observe first-hand what it means to be a scientific researcher."
Emma Catini during her presentation | ICMAB, CSIC
Emma Catini with Judith Guasch and Miquel Castellote-Borrell from the Nanomol-Bio group / Max Planck Partner Group “Dynamic Biomimetics for Cancer Immunotherapy” | ICMAB, CSIC
- Project: Fabricació amb làser d’elèctrodes nanoestructurats per supercondensadors (Laser manufacturing of nanostructured electrodes for supercapacitors)
- Research group: Laser Processing Group
- ICMAB supervisor: Angel Pérez del Pino
Following his one-month research stay, Joan reflected on his experience, stating: "Throughout my time at the ICMAB, I relished the enriching intellectual atmosphere and the chance to collaborate with exceptionally talented individuals from various fields of expertise."
Joan Alsina during his presentation | ICMAB, CSIC
Angel Pérez del Pino (Laser Processing Group) and Joan Alsina | ICMAB, CSIC
Thank you to Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera for this opportunity, and thank you to the researchers Judith Guasch and Angel Pérez del Pino, and their research groups, for hosting the students at ICMAB.
- July is the time for the "Joves i Ciència" internships at ICMAB (Aug 2022)
- Joves i Ciència programme brings student Jana Arroyo to ICMAB (Dec 2021)
- Five Joves i Ciència at the ICMAB laboratories during July 2021 (Aug 2021)
- Three "Joves i Ciència" doing research in materials science at the ICMAB: superconductors, photovoltaics and MOFs (Jul 2019)
- Seven "Joves i Ciència" at the ICMAB labs during this summer! (Jul 2018)
- Youth and Science - La Pedrera